ADVERTISEMENT

Q&A with Nevada running back Cason Stevenson

LukeFeddersen

Jun 14, 2001
How did the high school football season go overall?
“This past season went pretty well for the team and me. I grew a lot throughout the season. The first game for me wasn’t my best, being my first ever varsity game and first ever varsity start. With that, I was very disappointed in myself from the performance. Going into week 2 I had a talk with my strength coach about my capabilities and how to better my performance. After that, I continued to work and the stats showed it, ending the year with 1,138 yards, 14 TDs with only 117 carries. But I couldn’t have done that without my teammates who helped me as well as the O-Line. Before the season, we all had the goal of making it to the dome. Unfortunately, we did not make it, but we were overall very proud of ending it 10-2, one of the best records in school history. This season with this team was one to remember.”

What are your plans now with sports and workouts?
“Now it's the offseason for me and it's time to get bigger and better. I don’t plan on doing any other sports this year, but others have had conversations with me about track. During the season I weighed around 170 lbs, I’m currently at 185 lbs and the goal is for me to get to 205 lbs. Weights are going well for me, my maxes are 425 squat, 275 power clean, 280 bench, 445 deadlift, 40 [yard dash] time is 4.7 seconds and vertical is 36”. I would like to see those numbers improve.”

How do you feel your team will do next football season?
“I have confidence we will for sure have a winning season next year. We are losing a lot of good seniors but also bringing up some young talent and players that can fill some roles. With a young team, it may take some getting used to, but I am looking forward to next season and excited for a new roster.”

What team do you feel will be the toughest competition on your schedule?
“N/A, our schedule is not out yet.”

Who is the toughest individual player your team will face off against?
“N/A, our schedule is not out yet.”

Do you want to play sports in college? If so, which one?
“Yes I would love to continue my football career in college.”

What colleges have been recruiting you?
“I’ve gotten a lot of camp invites from schools like Missouri Valley, Mckendree University, Simpson College, Macalester College and others.”

What school is recruiting you the hardest?
“N/A.”

Have you made any college trips yet?
“I’ve made 0 college trips so far, [I’ve] only been asked to one game day visit from William Penn.”

Do you have plans for any trips soon?
“I do not have any college trips coming up soon but will be going to a lot of camps this summer.”

Did you have a favorite college growing up?
“I like to watch Nebraska play because I’m originally from eastern Nebraska, grew up watching them since I was a kid.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News