ADVERTISEMENT

Q&A with Dallas Center-Grimes defensive back Cole Kestel

LukeFeddersen

Jun 14, 2001
How has everything with the football season been going so far?
“Starting off 0-4 is obviously not where we want to be to start the season off, but I’m confident with district play starting this week that we will be able to get things turned around and get our season back on track.”

Have you been pleased with how you have played this season?
“I have been happy with my performance up to this point but we are only halfway through the season. I know that how I’ve played up to this point doesn’t matter anymore, and with district play starting up, the team’s performance is really the only thing that I care about.”

How do you feel your team has played?
“I think that our team has played well, our record says otherwise, but I can assure you we are not an 0-4 team, we have played great competition up to this point and that has prepared us well for what is ahead of us.”

What do you feel your team can improve on?
“The main thing that our team can improve on is playing a full football game. And what I mean by that is that we have played all 4 quarters of a game well. Early in the season we didn’t play well in the first quarter and played great the rest of the game. And last game we played a great first half and didn’t do too well in the second. I’m excited to see if we can finally piece together a full game this week against Winterset.”

What are the keys for your team being successful going forward?
“Playing a full 4 quarters and playing them well. We have had a lot of leaders on our team go down and the guys that are filling those spots are playing very well, the challenge is can we all keep playing well together.”

Do you want to play sports in college? If so, which one?
“I would want to play football if I played in college, but to be quite honest I don’t know if that’s what I want to do.”

What colleges have been recruiting you?
“I have had a couple brief conversations with Drake, Central, and Luther.”

What school is recruiting you the hardest?
“I wouldn’t say that any colleges are really recruiting me hard.”

Have you made any college trips yet?
“I have not made any game day trips and I don't plan on doing so in the near future at least.”

Do you have plans for game day trips?
“See above.”

Did you have a favorite college growing up?
“My favorite college growing up was Iowa State and still is.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News