ADVERTISEMENT

Q&A with Clarion-Goldfield guard Rhett Darland (On recruiting, the basketball season, MORE)

LukeFeddersen

Jun 14, 2001
What do you think about the upcoming basketball season?
"We have a lot of talent returning. We have eight of nine top scorers back along with our five starters. We should do pretty good this year."

Who will be your toughest team to play against in the conference this year?
"I'd probably have to say it is between Clear Lake and St. Eds. Clear Lake returns one of the best players with Thomas Storbeck. St. Eds is always good."

How did basketball go this summer?
"For our high school team, we had a coaching change and he was bringing in new stuff. We played pretty good against a lot of good competition. I think we played really well as a team. If we play like that this season, we should be really successful."

What did you improve on the most?
"Individually I've gotten stronger. I attack the basket a lot better than I did last year. I have improved on my mid range game, getting to the basket, and defense."

What colleges have been recruiting you?
“I’ve been hearing from about twenty colleges I think. There are seven or eight from the Division II level, eleven to twelve NAIA schools and some Division III colleges, and then one or two from the Division I level.”

What have been some of the main schools?
“I’d probably say the main one is Waldorf. I just visited there and talked to their coaches. Morningside is another one. I exchange emails with them quite a bit. My AAU was a student assistant coach at Grand View and I talk to their coach quite a bit. There have also been a lot of invites for camps. Augustana invited me, Arkansas Text invited me, William Penn, Black Hills State, and Briar Cliff. I would say Waldorf, Morningside, and Grand View are the main three.”

Did you have a favorite college growing up?
“When I was younger, I never really followed colleges too big but as I have gotten older I’ve become an Iowa State guy. I follow them as much as I can.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News