ADVERTISEMENT

Q&A with Camanche wide receiver Josh Wiersema

LukeFeddersen

Jun 14, 2001
How did the high school football season go overall?
“It was pretty solid. I felt like I had a good junior season coming out as a Wr/db and gained first team all-district and all-eastern Iowa. As a team we were just below 500, facing some tough teams but also losing some games that we should’ve come through with. However, we got the 4th seed in the district and lost to a stacked Williamsburg team which went on to be 2a runner up.”

What are your plans now with sports and workouts?
“For football, we have summer workouts starting as soon as school is over but personally I like to lift on my own and I have AAU basketball and a lot of time in the gym ahead of me.”

How do you feel your team will do next football season?
“I feel like we will have a pretty good year next year for sure. We have a really talented QB paired with a lot of returning athletic skill guys. Our lineman are going to be solid and we’re returning a lot of our defensive guys.”

What team do you feel will be the toughest competition on your schedule?
“Monticello will be our toughest opponent; they’re always solid and have a lot of big guys and talent.”

Who is the toughest individual player your team will face off against?
“Preston Ries from Monticello which is pretty self-explanatory. Committed to Iowa and is a huge threat on both sides of the ball and makes a lot of plays as a QB and is obviously a monster LB.”

Do you want to play sports in college? If so, which one?
“Yes, basketball is what I want to play in college but will explore options with football as well.”

What colleges have been recruiting you?
“None.”

What school is recruiting you the hardest?
“N/A.”

Have you made any college trips yet?
“No.”

Do you have plans for any trips soon?
“Not yet.”

Did you have a favorite college growing up?
“I always liked Iowa State because everyone was an Iowa fan and I liked to be different.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News