3. Lawton-Bronson
4. Algona Garrigan
5. Twin Cedars
6. Don Bosco
7. Coon Rapids-Bayard
8. Martensdale-St. Mary's
9. Treynor
10.Preston

4A actually looks pretty accurate in my opinion. I could see 2-10 juggling around a bit. It is amazing looking at the difference in rosters from the big DM area schools compared to the "rural" 4A schools on this list. The number of returners at the large powerhouse programs are so much lower than the Fort Dodge and SC Schools.

Fort Dodge lost 5 of 10 regular starters, but always seems to reload. Who is the new coach over there now? Or is Ells allowed to finish out this season before becoming AD?

Urbandale has 2 elite players in Augustine and Lillard, but graduated literally everyone else that saw the field last summer at a position. They do bring back their 3 biggest inning totals from a year ago.

Valley brings back 2 position players as well and has a slightly larger returning pitching pool.

Dowling brings back 3 position players and a couple of solid pitchers.

Kennedy brings back 3 underclassmen between pitching/position players.

SC East brings back 8 full-time starters from a year ago and a sophomore who started 13 games as a Freshmen. Losing 2nd team All-Stater Taylor Pluim to the Air Force Academy will be tough to replace. A tougher non-conference schedule should help them figure out where they are really at for the post-season.

Ran out of time to finish off the other 3. If anyone wants to fill in, it'd be appreciated.
This post was edited on 5/20 12:14 PM by EHS1505

I believe Blake Utley is the new coach for FD. That may be a factor in how they do this year, but they do seem to get kids to step up in place of departed starters and get the most out of them.

They'll still be a top contender.

Where's Davis County? I thought I heard they were able to 'get' a few new kids to jump ship from some other nearby schools? No? Also, heard a couple kids from Twin Cedars got hurt? Not idea names though, just heard that at the Co-Op earlier this week. Those farmers are always in the know come coffee time...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT