4. NFV
5. South Tama
6. Beckman
7. Williamsburg
8. Central Lyon, GLR
9. Hampton Dumont
10. Sioux Center

Thoughts?

I want to see CMB play a couple of games, first. They could be really good if they can replace their lines, they have a ton of talent back in their skill positions.

Pretty high for Albia. Did they not loose many guys off last year's team? I can see them being high if they have everyone back.

Spirit Lake will be good, but I don't see them as #1 in the state, might not even be the favorites in their district, of course that NW district is always a bear.

I would say

1. Albia
2. Beckman
3. South Tama
4. Union
5. NFV
6. Central Lyon GLR
7. Spirit Lake
8. CMB
9. Mount Vernon
10. Clear Lake

Overall I don't think that there is a clear favorite this year in 2A. There are a lot of teams with a lot coming back that will be tough outs come this fall. I would also say that there are about 15 or so teams that I could put in the preseason top 10.

Not sure Clear Lake is top 10 worthy at this point. 8 three-year starters, including QB & both main RBs, graduated. New head coach. A weak district makes the task easier, but I see the regular season win streak end at 27 when 3A Waverly-Shell Rock comes to town.

Clear Lake will be down but I do not see a huge drop off most of the staff returns and I think they will be fine, agree with the Waverly prediction though

The staff will have the new faces prepared for success, but the bar has been set high with seven undefeated regular seasons in the past nine years. Terrible problem to have when 8-1/7-2 is a down year.

AP could be a sleeper team. Almost beat Beckman last year in the first round and didn't lose much at all this year.

AP could be a sleeper team. Almost beat Beckman last year in the first round and didn't lose much at all this year.

I do think AP will be improved, but I don't see them passing South Tama or Union. Overall that district will be improved from last year, but still see it as Union (1), South Tama (2), then A-P (3). Both South Tama and Union had young teams as well, so should also both be improved. If AP makes the progress you predict, we definitely could see three ranked teams from that district this season. Weren't they also implementing a new offense last season?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT