ADVERTISEMENT

Poll: Newell Vs. Bosco

Newell Fonda Vs. Don Bosco

• N-F

Votes: 33 57.9%
  • DB

Votes: 24 42.1%

• Total voters
We've gone from use of belts and straps, to always needing to go to 90, to back bend, which has now become back curve. It's probably not on the level that you've experienced, but here's another video. It's max day at Indiana, maybe not a top level DI, but it's DI. A lot of different technique even within one room. Not one single squat below 90 and damn few getting parallel. Plenty of bend at the lower back with a few and some with knees buckling inward. You obviously have some experience, and maybe you played and perhaps coached at the DI level, but I don't think strength training at the college level is as strict and perfect as you believe it is. No disrespect intended and I really do appreciate the concern for the kids. This is absolutely my last post on the subject. Most of the time I regret ever coming on here and yet I get sucked back in every time.

Note: the message from Mason Scheidegger was a fake. He did not post it. It was actually someone from Don Bosco who had posted it. Why, who knows.

Luke that was pretty obvious from the get go. I'm guessing they posted it to try to get the Don Bosco players fired up. Absolutely unacceptable to use a high school kids name or identity to accomplish it though. All the arguments about Dalton Smith's weight lifting form are also getting old, you could probably post the same arguments on a nation wide blog and get 50 different opinions on correct form. What I do know is that Smith works his butt off in the gym, and we are lucky to have him in our program. Say what you want about his form but I am pretty certain he will be a 2x state football, and baseball player this year. I also know that what ever sport he decides to pursue in college will have their own strength and conditioning coaches that will dictate his form. I am excited to watch Scheindegger and Smith go at it tomorrow morning, good luck to all the kids tomorrow!!!

Note: the message from Mason Scheidegger was a fake. He did not post it. It was actually someone from Don Bosco who had posted it. Why, who knows.

Can we make sure this guy is no longer posting? It is pretty ridiculous for someone to go on as an opposing high school kid! Also, if you are exposing locations of those that are doing the posting, can you please let us know where Jeffy is posting from? It would be much appreciated!

Luke that was pretty obvious from the get go. I'm guessing they posted it to try to get the Don Bosco players fired up. Absolutely unacceptable to use a high school kids name or identity to accomplish it though.

Haha..Classy.... like a few years back when they graffitied their own field to make it look like the opposing team did it to fire up their own players. Nothing like motivating by making someone else look bad. Win at all cost mentality......nice.

Nobody from Bosco, or affiliated with Bosco has ever graffitied their own field Snotlickerdouche...what a "Putz"

Reactions: LJY89
Here is yet another video talking about doing pin squats or " lockouts". For those who are convinced the only way to train is to go ATG ( ass to the ground ) all of the time consider this, how often do you see a football player in the ATG position ( he's probably getting his butt whipped if he is ). Again pertaining to lineman, linebackers, and ball carriers, they are in more of a half squat position at the moment of impact. So why not train to be as strong as possible in that position. If you always train ATG, you'll never be as strong as you can be in the slightly less than parallel position which is way more common in football. This is why variety is important. Your core, bone structure , and muscles can achieve way greater strength doing partials as PART of the routine which includes ATG work, but is not limited to ONLY ATG work.

I was wondering what college have cautioned Dalton on his depth. Like you said has happened in a previous post

I was wondering what college have cautioned Dalton on his depth. Like you said has happened in a previous post
Rockchalk I have had conversations with several DI, NFL, DII, DIII, NAIA, and other various strength coaches regarding technique and programs. Roc Gullickson from the Rams is one who first recommended to me not going ATG all of the time. The NFL is seeing a lot of hip and knee issues at early age that come partially from training and partially from the playing game. He never has his guys train beyond sets of 3 reps, ever, AND THEY 'RE HEAVY, and not always rock bottom. Chris Carlisle ( who played high school football for Barry Alvarez here in Iowa ) the strength coach for the Seahawks ( USC before that ) agreed that ATG was good for mobility and flexibility, but for heavy lifts that strengthen the core and bone structure heavy 90 degree AND partials can be beneficial. Again, Carlisle believes you train for the positions you'll be put in. He also promotes ATG for movement. One of the college coaches present was Yancy McNight who was at ISU at the time. You were the one who talked about no excuse for bending at the waist ever, have you watched and listened to the entire Mark Rippetoe video, it has a great explanation and exposes a lot of ignorance in peoples understanding of the power squat and developing hip explosiveness. We can agree to disagree, I'm good with that. I'm just throwing out there that there is a lot of misinformation esp at the high school level. I know Dalton doesn't give two cents what people on here think of his squat. He's all about his team and helping them win.

Last edited:
Nope...not a tuff guy...just not a putz...like you
Put this to rest. It was in fact a DB affiliated person...why? Because it worked and it was a rivalry game at Clarksville...(who at the time were supposed to come back and ruin DB's win streak and knock us out of the playoffs. Second, any DB person who posed as the NF player should really be ashamed. That's not the mentality 99% of the community has.

On a second note though...Luke could we please have Jeffy brought into the light? He ruins threads and just makes unneeded arguments to people who bite his line...

Reactions: JAD-Cat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT