ADVERTISEMENT

People hate a winner

And when they are consistent, don't forget to remind them that they are beating a dead horse!

If complaining about everyone's opinion is called a fact, then CID is full of facts.

Why yes I am. You will find that when people share 'opinions' that are inaccurate, based on emotion, based on stories that are unsubstantiated, that discredit the hard work, talent and coaching, when people flat out lie to try and support their 'opinion' and when they can't seem to dial in their reading comprehension, when people are hypocritical in their 'opinion' well then I will be there to 'complain' about their 'opinion'

There aren't many examples where I have 'complained' about someone's well thought out, honest, educated and fact based opinions.

Edit to add that the above doesn't occur very often, it's usually the 'unfair, location, ex Hawkeyes, recruiting etc.' junk.
This post was edited on 12/9 5:24 PM by cidhawkeye

Must have been a pretty bad year for posts. I am a little disappointed that you let him beat you to the punch on that one. I hear that WB has taken back one of their former students who spent the fall in a neighboring city winning a championship.
Interesting turn of events.

Sounds interesting CID. Don't leave me on a cliff hanger, tell me more! Was it at least a starter?

Originally posted by cidhawkeye:
Must have been a pretty bad year for posts. I am a little disappointed that you let him beat you to the punch on that one. I hear that WB has taken back one of their former students who spent the fall in a neighboring city winning a championship.
Interesting turn of events.
Is this a fact?

At this point it would be just a rumor to me, more details are required to be considered a fact. Does sound juicy though

Pine,
wink.r191677.gif
It could have been anyone from the championship teams in Iowa

dont dig in too far, CID.

you may find your own skeletons
This post was edited on 12/10 7:29 PM by BlameIt

I believe the player they are referring to is Aaron Barnes. My brother is at Regina and he told me Barnes saw some action at corner, as well as running back during clean up time. He probably would have started on defense next year and maybe would have carried a more meaningful amount of the load in the running game.
This post was edited on 12/10 10:56 PM by BigDan21

Originally posted by rkhemp:
Well, good luck to the kiddo
his best friends are at WB, he'll be just fine.

@GoldenHawk -- if I had a nickel for every person that told me about an "investigation" at Regina or another parochial school...Perhaps at some point it will be a "where there is smoke there is fire" situation. I'll be waiting with popcorn in hand

Maybe he lost his "tuition assistance" and decided to go back to playing for free at a public school.

I guess he can go stand on the sidelines and watch Lenoch run the ball next season.

And not go to a private school and be located in a 4A city with 1A enrollment, area with 27 coaches who were all ex hawkeyes, not have to deal with any ESL kids, or students with discipline problems, or with 100% of the students coming from 2 parent rich homes? Who could possibly decide against going there? Makes no sense to me.

You have to graduate got that to apply.
wink.r191677.gif

He he is a State Champion forever though thanks to Regina. He'll remember that every time he looks at his Championship plaque.

Originally posted by Pinehawk:
You have to graduate got that to apply.
wink.r191677.gif

He he is a State Champion forever though thanks to Regina. He'll remember that every time he looks at his Championship plaque.
wanna bet? :)

I guess he can go stand on the sidelines and watch Lenoch run the ball next season.
as a full-time varsity sophomore, he started at WR and DB.

I think he'll be just fine.

Looks like West Branch recruiting is really heating up. Giese and now Barnes.

So your bet is that when he looks at the championship football he gets, sees his teammates signatures on it or sees the championship trophy he helped win or sees a news story or reads the paper about the championship team he was on that he will completely forget that he was on that team? As in "what did I do that year? I don't recall ever being there"?

Looks like West Branch recruiting is really heating up. Giese and now Barnes.
so, I talked with Pot.

He wants to know if you've met Kettle.

-----

the only difference here: WB is neither a pot or kettle.

While WB may be neither pot or kettle they seem to be out recruiting the private school with all of the built in advantages that we read about all the time.

Perhaps I should borrow the tactics that some on this board use(usually not Blame) the 'I don't really need any facts to support my opinion' tactic and go with the

We$t Branch mu$t be doing some good thing$ to get the$e kid$ to their $chool.

You know that was way easier than finding out the truth and being accurate, I can see why people do it.

Originally posted by cidhawkeye:
While WB may be neither pot or kettle they seem to be out recruiting the private school with all of the built in advantages that we read about all the time.

Perhaps I should borrow the tactics that some on this board use(usually not Blame) the 'I don't really need any facts to support my opinion' tactic and go with the

We$t Branch mu$t be doing some good thing$ to get the$e kid$ to their $chool.

You know that was way easier than finding out the truth and being accurate, I can see why people do it.
because you know better that I know better what is happening at ICR.

So crap doesn't fly with me :)

You have shown remarkable restraint in not telling about all the slush funds, illegal recruiting, etc going on there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT