ADVERTISEMENT

Moby lost his only son yesterday

Moby, very sorry to read about your loss. You deserve some good news for a change.

Unfortunately you are an Auburn fan.

Moby, very sorry to read about your loss. You deserve some good news for a change.

Unfortunately you are an Auburn fan.
Don't troll him too hard for a bit. Last night I was hearing someone else talk about the pain of losing a child...heartbreaking.

Don't troll him too hard for a bit. Last night I was hearing someone else talk about the pain of losing a child...heartbreaking.
I’m fortunate in that I haven’t lost a child, but I’ve seen the pain it causes first hand. My younger brother passed away at 27 years old in 1989, and my father still hasn’t gotten over it 35 years later.

I know. Sometimes you have to distract from the reality that’s in front of you and try to lighten it up. I’ve been the one losing loved ones many times myself and sometimes you just gotta think about something else.

I’m fortunate in that I haven’t lost a child, but I’ve seen the pain it causes first hand. My younger brother passed away at 27 years old in 1989, and my father still hasn’t gotten over it 35 years later.
Sadly... actually VERY sadly... my 'step'grandad lived to be 99yo... unfortunately, he saw and experienced all 3 sons and his daughter die of OLD AGE.

All 4 died in their 70's... he outlived them all. You would think living to be that age would be a time of reflection and joy with your family around you... unless they're already gone. He told me after his last son died 'it's just not right that I see them born and I see them die...'. Never forgot those words.

And now... I think about 'Mr. Freeman' every time I see or read about some octogenarian (like the last survivor of the USS Arizona recently died at 102), and I wonder if any close family is still alive to be at the WWII vets funeral. There are even grandkids that could have died in their 60s or 70s for that matter. Very weird feelings....

Sadly... actually VERY sadly... my 'step'grandad lived to be 99yo... unfortunately, he saw and experienced all 3 sons and his daughter die of OLD AGE.

All 4 died in their 70's... he outlived them all. You would think living to be that age would be a time of reflection and joy with your family around you... unless they're already gone. He told me after his last son died 'it's just not right that I see them born and I see them die...'. Never forgot those words.

And now... I think about 'Mr. Freeman' every time I see or read about some octogenarian (like the last survivor of the USS Arizona recently died at 102), and I wonder if any close family is still alive to be at the WWII vets funeral. There are even grandkids that could have died in their 60s or 70s for that matter. Very weird feelings....
That had never really occurred to me. When you get to that age, chances are you have outlived your children. Kinda sad to think about it.

We lost my sister nearly 13 years ago and my father, none of us really, are the same.

I think we're all at peace with it but there's just this hole that nothing can ever fill. She was an awesome sister.

Good health and longevity can certainly be a blessing and a curse. We aren't in charge and that's tough to swallow sometimes.

Married, has a great job and he's kicking butt. They still live just outside of Baton Rouge and they're trying to have a baby now.
He was coaching college football but he just wasn't making the kind of money he needed to and he decided that raising a family like a vagabond wasn't ideal.
Great news... wasn't he around 13yo when Traci passed?

Reactions: BamaFan1137
When Traci passed, she had a decent life insurance policy and my wife and I paid off her home when she was initially diagnosed. The home was sold and we did really well, investment wise, with the estate.

When he turned 25 the money from her estate was fully turned over to him and he's in freaking awesome shape.

She had a 2004 Toyota Sienna minivan that we just can't get rid of for sentimental reasons. My wife and I keep it and the damn thing is mint considering its age. I drove it today in fact.

When Traci passed, she had a decent life insurance policy and my wife and I paid off her home when she was initially diagnosed. The home was sold and we did really well, investment wise, with the estate.

When he turned 25 the money from her estate was fully turned over to him and he's in freaking awesome shape.

She had a 2004 Toyota Sienna minivan that we just can't get rid of for sentimental reasons. My wife and I keep it and the damn thing is mint considering its age. I drove it today in fact.
Does the minivan have secret compartments? I read recently about a Sheriff in AL that found a battery where fentanyl should've been.

• Haha
Reactions: Pops Masterson
Does the minivan have secret compartments? I read recently about a Sheriff in AL that found a battery where fentanyl should've been.

If I answer this question, they'd just be compartments at that point, no?

Unrelated...you looking for a plug?

• Haha
Reactions: dhetiger
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT