ADVERTISEMENT

Head Coach Openings 2018-19

PNation

Varsity
Aug 15, 2010
This was a very popular thread last year, let’s start it again. With the regular season over are there any openings anyone knows of?

I think it would be early at this point. if jobs were to come open. I do think that this year there will be some turnover in some very attractive jobs, just based on some of the message board chatter. If memory serves correct, many jobs didn't become open until mid-spring. Most jobs will be considered rumors, IMO.

Most years there are a few before Thanksgiving then they start after the new year

Sioux City Journal article from the Johnston/Sioux City East game stated Bob Goodvin Head Coach of Sioux City East is resigning/retiring.

Tri-Center Neola Coach has stated on social media that he has resigned. I do not believe he was a teacher in the building, so I am not sure how they will go about trying to fill that position.

They'll probably wait and see what teaching jobs they might have before they post it.

I've heard a rumor of Nashua Plainfield coming open but have not seen anything to confirm that.

Clay Central Everly

Although I wonder how long this school will be able to survive before combining with another school. Which is unfortunate they were a really good program about 15 years ago when playing 11 man football.

Little surprised Coach Thomas didn't step down last year after his son graduated, where did you see that he stepped down?

Also Council Bluffs St. Albert should be as well I know that he said that it would be his last season back in August.

Just to throw a monkey in - I'm extremely disappointed in that IHSAA sold out on the TV rights for semis and finals. The girls kept it local and FREE for we the parent taxpayers (to our local schools) while the boys of Boone sold us out. We received an email from our school district's AD as to how to watch the semis and finals on the internet. It only works if you have certain connections, like DISH, etc. It just plain stinks. Who in heavens name has any connection with Chicago? This is Iowa and for the money we spend on our schools, we should be able to watch it for FREE like we used to on IPTV. Every Iowan should email, write, text, call to the boys of Boone and let them know that they screwed up and need to correct it, and stop filling their coffers. I'd wager that the Boone boys / IHSAA doesn't buy the trophies, but they are most likely bought by people like Farm Bureau or Fareway, etc. So they don't need TV rights money for that.

Reactions: Greenway12
Just to throw a monkey in - I'm extremely disappointed in that IHSAA sold out on the TV rights for semis and finals. The girls kept it local and FREE for we the parent taxpayers (to our local schools) while the boys of Boone sold us out. We received an email from our school district's AD as to how to watch the semis and finals on the internet. It only works if you have certain connections, like DISH, etc. It just plain stinks. Who in heavens name has any connection with Chicago? This is Iowa and for the money we spend on our schools, we should be able to watch it for FREE like we used to on IPTV. Every Iowan should email, write, text, call to the boys of Boone and let them know that they screwed up and need to correct it, and stop filling their coffers. I'd wager that the Boone boys / IHSAA doesn't buy the trophies, but they are most likely bought by people like Farm Bureau or Fareway, etc. So they don't need TV rights money for that.

I will play devils advocate on this. What about family members who cannot make it to the dome and want to watch out of state? I remember the past couple of years being able to watch the games where ever we were. Its kind of nice to have the "national" exposure for the state. Every other state has their games on big networks.

There has to be someone in town with a dish/satellite that you can watch it. Most of the Chicago NBC sports are on dish and can be accessed for most of the state. If you cannot get it, look for an "alternate" channel as a possibility. Last week for the Semi's we found the games on Alternate channels.

Mediacom should open up that channel for at least 1 weekend.

I remember games on IPTV and they were not very good quality.

Wrong thread for this discussion, I agree that IPTV should get the rights, as they have came a long ways with their coverage, and all of their games covering the girls tournaments are also streamed on youtube. IPTV also has far better play by play and color guys.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Wrong thread for this discussion. Also, this topic has been beaten to death. It is what it is.

Reactions: Hwkfn1
I will play devils advocate on this. What about family members who cannot make it to the dome and want to watch out of state? I remember the past couple of years being able to watch the games where ever we were. Its kind of nice to have the "national" exposure for the state. Every other state has their games on big networks.

There has to be someone in town with a dish/satellite that you can watch it. Most of the Chicago NBC sports are on dish and can be accessed for most of the state. If you cannot get it, look for an "alternate" channel as a possibility. Last week for the Semi's we found the games on Alternate channels.

Mediacom should open up that channel for at least 1 weekend.

I remember games on IPTV and they were not very good quality.
It was streamed live for free on IHSSN.com or whatever it is previously. Out of state could use that.

Reactions: Greenway12
championship football games on multiple platforms, including: Sling TV (through a Sling Blue subscription), FuboTV, Playstation Vue, and Hulu, as well as its returning packages through DirecTV and DISH Network, and local cable subscribers around the state. Now you know the other copy from iahsaa change 2018 you have to look before you ask why

Hey, go make your own damn thread about the TV Deal. Don't hijack this thread. A lot of coaches around the state have their eye on this post to look for potential jobs. Take it elsewhere.

Hey, go make your own damn thread about the TV Deal. Don't hijack this thread. A lot of coaches around the state have their eye on this post to look for potential jobs. Take it elsewhere.

I was telling them how to watch in case they couldn't find a place to watch. To stopped them from complaining about it.

Although it isn't coaching, I see that Solon and Boone are both looking for new Athletic Directors. Those jobs would be very appealing to many looking for advancement

Everyone knew this job was coming but the Iowa City Liberty job was posted today? Says that the salary for coaching is $9,157.50 anyone know how that compares to other 4A schools coaching salary.

Seen something on twitter of someone thanking Boone’s head coach for all he has done and that he would be retiring? That makes their AD and head football open?

According to Football scoop Aaron Shipley at Grinnell did not have his contract renewed

Am hearing from my son that Council Bluffs Saint Albert has hired a new head coach? Any truth to this? I haven't seen anything

Sioux City East hired CR Jefferson's former head coach.

CR Jefferson is now open.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT