ADVERTISEMENT

Harlan

Oh yeah I bet your offensive coordinator doesn't coach girls basketball!

That guy spends more time with girls basketball than he does football. You let the Hoch boys go and keep what you have? D1, NFL caliber guys, motivators and you gather at the local Mickey D's? By the way McDonald's isn't even in the town. By the way what does that town offer? No place to eat? What the

That "some kid that has never seen the field before" led 3A in total yardage, according to Quik Stats, so the whole Tarney thing wasn't an issue. And the Hoch boys werent "let go". Other circumstances have them elsewhere.

It wasn't a good thing. Sounds like he has done what needed to be done and is welcomed back and just in time. Without him Crusaders will continue to underachieve.

That "some kid that has never seen the field before" led 3A in total yardage, according to Quik Stats, so the whole Tarney thing wasn't an issue. And the Hoch boys werent "let go". Other circumstances have them elsewhere.
Also I get my Harlan paper and he put up 300 plus against a very very bad Atlantic team. The offense couldn't sustain a running game and that was the difference. And my point was you took an all district and all state back and asked him to block. Hence there favoritism

Yup hoch was not let go and more went on than anyone knows

Also I get my Harlan paper and he put up 300 plus against a very very bad Atlantic team. The offense couldn't sustain a running game and that was the difference. And my point was you took an all district and all state back and asked him to block. Hence there favoritism

And the point with hoch is why wouldn't you beg him? It was a two for one deal and they probably would have gotten Dan and matt

Tarney started at middle linebacker. If you have a guy that is capable of running the ball just as well (plus a better receiver out of the backfield), why have the workhorse of your defense also be the workhorse of your offense?

Harlan also had two really fast new kids who were really good from what I saw. Dont know why they didnt play.

Soliciting.. not running any rings
No no no. He fathered 12
Harlan also had two really fast new kids who were really good from what I saw. Dont know why they didnt play.
Tarney started at middle linebacker. If you have a guy that is capable of running the ball just as well (plus a better receiver out of the backfield), why have the
Tarney started at middle linebacker. If you have a guy that is capable of running the ball just as well (plus a better receiver out of the backfield), why have the workhorse of your defense also be the workhorse of your offense?
Just as capable? Hardly. And if by better receiver you mean he caught more passes you would be right

Coaches changed their game plans when they found out he wasn't playing anymore.

So you put him in to block for somebody else? Lookout blocks of it was me. I would not play for coaches that did that to me!

I have a load of respect for that kid to do that. Maybe the new TB will have a big Mac for the coaches?

Please. I know my kids said that the older kids were so relieved knowing he wouldn't beat them over four quarters. Maybe he should have went to fort Dodge where they like physical guys. Bladt must be related somehow... It is a small town

Would these really fast kids have led 3A in total yardage? No one will know. The fact of the matter is, RB was not the problem. That kid is a stud and should get some college attention next season.

No no no. He fathered 12

Just as capable? Hardly. And if by better receiver you mean he caught more passes you would be right

Coaches changed their game plans when they found out he wasn't playing anymore.

So you put him in to block for somebody else? Lookout blocks of it was me. I would not play for coaches that did that to me!

I have a load of respect for that kid to do that. Maybe the new TB will have a big Mac for the coaches?

Please. I know my kids said that the older kids were so relieved knowing he wouldn't beat them over four quarters. Maybe he should have went to fort Dodge where they like physical guys. Bladt must be related somehow... It is a small town

Hardly as capable? He had less carries, more yards, and more yards/carry with an oline on a 4-5 team vs an oline on an 8-2 team. Listen, Tarney was a heck of an RB and brought the wood with every carry. He wasn't bad by any stretch of the imagination. But if you have two guys that can both get the job done, you don't have one guy play both ways every play. Period.

Would these really fast kids have led 3A in total yardage? No one will know. The fact of the matter is, RB was not the problem. That kid is a stud and should get some college attention next season.
Again dad is that you? Yup just what every college wants another white kid that runs 4.9

Hardly as capable? He had less carries, more yards, and more yards/carry with an oline on a 4-5 team vs an oline on an 8-2 team. Listen, Tarney was a heck of an RB and brought the wood with every carry. He wasn't bad by any stretch of the imagination. But if you have two guys that can both get the job done, you don't have one guy play both ways every play. Period.
Dude just stop. Ask creston in that playoff game last year. 9 guys in the box all year long. He broke tackle after tackle. This year nobody put more than 7 ever. Please. I have seen film. Tarney was continuously hit at the line or in the backfield.

I don't have this information but i will guarantee nobody ever put two guys on the guy this year like others did last year.

Just stop already.

Dude don't get your hopes up. He's nowhere near schiltz or even that sherry kid if he steps on the field.

Dude don't get your hopes up. He's nowhere near schiltz or even that sherry kid if he steps on the field.
Btw doesn't that kid wrestle? Hudl says 180 so he will face schiltz or sherry?? Do you know how he will fare against these two?

Dude just stop. Ask creston in that playoff game last year. 9 guys in the box all year long. He broke tackle after tackle. This year nobody put more than 7 ever. Please. I have seen film. Tarney was continuously hit at the line or in the backfield.

I don't have this information but i will guarantee nobody ever put two guys on the guy this year like others did last year.

Just stop already.
My input having seen both, tarney was definitely not someone we want to face every week. I think it was easier to scheme with him... Stuff 8 or 9 in the box and force them to pass. Creston proved that as did glenwood and others.

I know in glenwood word was it was much easier on our defense this year when it came to running. Harlan is pretty predictable .

I agree that something has to be up to pull a legit all district and ask state guy..

The two new kids were from ankeny and one (the smaller on) is by far the fastest kid ive seen in a long time. The other one played both ways in the first game and did really well. I feel the coaches hid some tallent from Harlan that could of been verry helpfull.

The two new kids were from ankeny and one (the smaller on) is by far the fastest kid ive seen in a long time. The other one played both ways in the first game and did really well. I feel the coaches hid some tallent from Harlan that could of been verry helpfull.
Were these kids in Harlan last year? Did they play in ankeny? Why the hell would you go from ankeny to Harlan?

Nothing like bringing back the offense coordinator who was on the front page of the paper soliciting a hooker. Cathlotic school bringing him back is win at all costs.

The good news is that they won't win, even with that disturbing attitude. Heelan had one year in the last 10 seasons that they were the best 2A/3A team and that was 2013. I say 2A/3A because Solon's '08 and '09 2A championship teams would have beat Heelan and Harlan in 3A (Please try to argue that - they toyed with us and everyone else both of those years).

The East is more competitive because it is far better coached and the game has evolved. Speed, skill and the triple option (read game) have tilted the power to the more athletic teams that reside in then Eastern part of the state. Bring on the naysayers, but 3A has been dominated by the East for at least 10 years.

Nothing like bringing back the offense coordinator who was on the front page of the paper soliciting a hooker. Cathlotic school bringing him back is win at all costs.
It wouldn't be very catholic if they didn't accept him back. He's Heelan Alum.. he messed up and did his time.. forgive and move on.

Reactions: BGI User 2364
The good news is that they won't win, even with that disturbing attitude. Heelan had one year in the last 10 seasons that they were the best 2A/3A team and that was 2013. I say 2A/3A because Solon's '08 and '09 2A championship teams would have beat Heelan and Harlan in 3A (Please try to argue that - they toyed with us and everyone else both of those years).

The East is more competitive because it is far better coached and the game has evolved. Speed, skill and the triple option (read game) have tilted the power to the more athletic teams that reside in then Eastern part of the state. Bring on the naysayers, but 3A has been dominated by the East for at least 10 years.
Hindsight is 20/20. The east is geographically stacked against the west so yeah statistically the east will have more better teams.

It wouldn't be very catholic if they didn't accept him back. He's Heelan Alum.. he messed up and did his time.. forgive and move on.

True. That's another way to look at it and a good point.

Hindsight is 20/20. The east is geographically stacked against the west so yeah statistically the east will have more better teams.

Also true. Very good point.

Yes embarrassing for all involved mistakes were made not privy to discussions but sounds as if the coach has taken the right steps to be reinstated
He needs Heelan and Heelan needs him

The two Heelan titles teams were good and many more were even better when in 4a. Had those teams been in 3a Heelan would have as many 3a titles as Harlan.

Lets be clear when talking about tradition Creston, Glenwood and Carroll. You will need to win at least 5 state titles before you're even in the same breath as Harlan and Heelan when it comes to tradition. You all have a tradition to date and you're working hard to change that and be viewed as winners which is admirable. I am not sure together you guys even have 1 title in football? Are you guys getting better then a few years back? the answer is yes. Does anyone hear your name and think Football Power? sorry no.

This tread would have never started if Harlan didn't have the football tradition they do.

Ghosts of football past. Tradition means squat these days. In this day and age all that matters is you are competitive now. And what does tradition mean anyway? I played high school in Texas and I will tell you that tradition in the big three states gets you nothing. It's getting just like college... What have you done for me lately

I think you're both right.

Teams don't just show up out of nowhere and win titles. The kids have to taste success before they can win a championship. If a school is lucky enough to have multiple classes in a row that build on these waves of success, then they can change a culture and turn a school into a "football school".

Tradition does matter, but it's a different kind of tradition. From the kids' eyes nowadays, Harlan is irrelevant and not intimidating - its the what have you done lately idea. Adults can appreciate the success that Harlan had for so long because we remember it and will always be impressed by it. The kicker here is that the kids are the ones playing, so their perspective is what matters most.

Reminds me of the Cubs' current team. Everyone wants to talk about history and why the Cubs will lose like always, but the kids playing the games for them don't care about all of that.

Gotta say....did the OC and DC from Harlan get hired at Nebraska?

2nd and 3 throw 35 yard flag
3rd and 3 throw 45 yard post

Looks like what I saw in a few of the harlan games this year
give up close to 70?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT