ADVERTISEMENT

DISTRICT 2

Ghost,

I did a little research and you may be on to something. Apparently Newman used all of our scholarship/recruiting money for the baseball team this year so we could win a state championship. We got tired of getting beat in the semis and finals the last few years. The downside is the depth of our football team has paid the consequences. Rumor has it that we've got our eye on a new recruiting coordinator though.

I think you're misunderstanding how few kids might happen to be available to a small school, private or public. If you have a class of only say 14 boys, a couple run cross country and a couple just aren't into sports, and pretty soon the football numbers get pretty low. I don't think anyone is standing on the sidelines not being developed. Newman does a great job of playing everyone at all levels, all the way down to 7th grade, when the school first gets them. If you get back to back small classes, as Newman has right now, then your depth gets tested somewhat.

My question is, why are you so angry, Ghost? What did Newman do to you?

Originally posted by lushhawk:
Ghost,

I did a little research and you may be on to something. Apparently Newman used all of our scholarship/recruiting money for the baseball team this year so we could win a state championship. We got tired of getting beat in the semis and finals the last few years. The downside is the depth of our football team has paid the consequences. Rumor has it that we've got our eye on a new recruiting coordinator though.
:)

Angry at Newman? Don't make me laugh. I'm not angry at anyone but I am giving some very foolish Newman posters a more direct dose of their own medicine.

FIrst of all am I being an A$$? Yes, probably so but at least I'm being open and honest about it and not doing it in the cowardly backhanded fashion that other posters have done on this thread.

Football is a contact sport. People are going to get hurt so quit your whining and deal with it. Do you honestly think other teams haven't lost players this season? Some may have already lost key people before the games even began so you don't directly see someone missing. The Newman fans posting on here sound like they have the market on injuries. Well... they don't and if your coaches didn't adequately prepare for a plan B that is their problem and they only make themselves look bad. Good teams including those in the lower classes focus on moving forward in a positive way when the injury bug bites. Not you guys. You are probably too ignorant to ever think about the fact while you are too busy singing the blues and making excuses about your injured workhorses and how in your mind you can't win without them you are directly crapping on the other Newman players now expected to step up and fill the gaps. Nice job Newman fans. I got news for you... Newman wasn't exactly tearing up the football field when your stars were healthy. 2-2. .was the Newman record before your pair of two ways who were the 1-2 rushers and 1-2 tacklers went down. You guys act like this was a team destined to break every record in a perfect season culminating in a state title. Sorry to break it to you folks but that was never going to happen whether your guys got hurt or not.

In addition to crapping on your own kids with your injury rhetoric you are also crapping on your opponents kids. You have no idea what their injury situation is and who is missing or playing hurt ect yet you are so confident that there is no way they would have beaten you if you still had your 2 workhorses which had been able to lift you to a lofty .500 season before they went down. That is sheer arrogance. Actually Dancer when I think about that it does piss me off a little. Probably pisses off your opponents too and makes it even harder for your kids trying to now fill in.

Lust, if you burned all your schollys on baseball I think that was a stupid move. Iowa high school baseball is dying. The kids don't give a crap and few want to try to cram it into their summer so consequently their parents don't care (unless you are offering them a private school scholly). I do appreciate your little backhanded way of patting yourself on the back for your baseball success but I'm sorry to break it to you that not too many people really care about baseball anymore. Keep on reminding us though if it make you feel better...I'm sure we will have all forgotten about it by tomorrow.

Looks like the workhorse was back last night and Newman dropped to 2-3 with him playing.

Since his fans feel his injury had nothing to do with his excess play time it probably should not have been a factor in his play effectiveness last night either. According the the paper he went 16 carries 50 yards. Props to the AGWSR defense for shutting him down. Not an easy task.

Who was whining? Someone asked why Burgmeier didn't play against PV. The question was answered, credit was given to PV for a well-played game, and it was noted that Newman lacks the depth to handle multiple injuries. It didn't sound like whining at all to me.

Holy buckets, I am sorry I asked the question. I had not posted in ages and then I ask a simple question and the thread blows up (who would have thunk it). I guess I have a gift:)

Originally posted by Uncle Billy:

Holy buckets, I am sorry I asked the question. I had not posted in ages and then I ask a simple question and the thread blows up (who would have thunk it). I guess I have a gift:)
Keep posting, Uncle Billy, you are the closest thing the Worldwide Fearsome Eagle Beast Nation has to a "Resident Genius".

Newman People: Iron Doc is of the opinion that the overall Newman operation is 1st class. No criticism from here.

I'd pay very little (if any) attention to this ghost character. The guy is obviously not bright, and his rambling posts are embarrassing to read. To be honest, I feel a bit sorry for the guy.

Back to football...

Who will be the four winners from this district on Friday night?

Eleven 30,

You are the person my comments were most directed at. You were after all the person who said "Didn't realize Burgmeier was out. In that case, it's not that big of an upset. Burgmeier is a workhorse for Newman and by far their most dangerous offensive threat. That's a fortunate break for Prairie Valley. We'll see if the momentum from last night carries over to upcoming games."

The fact Burgmeier returned his his next game and Newman still lost while Prairie Valley won their next game clearly shows you really don't have a clue about these teams.

Eleven 30.

Prior to that you were babbling about "Huge upset tonight, as Prairie Valley knocked off Newman, 14-7" and "Very impressed with PV's win over Newman. PV is coming on strong at the right time" but as soon as you hear Burgmeier was injured you changed your tune to Burgmeier's injury "being a fortunate break for PV".

You really were on the ball and had the pulse of what was going on in District 2. Bet people can't wait to read your brilliant predictions for this week!

Don't feel sorry for me....getting sympathy from you is like accepting food from a starving person. If you have an urge to fell sorry for someone try a mirror.

Ghostly,

Get off your soapbox! Nobody is whining or making excuses that Newman is 2-4. People have simply stated the fact that we've had some players injured and have limited depth. Every team goes through injuries. Unfortunately our injuries have happend to be to a few of our best players, and for us, losing Burgmeier would be the equivalent to the Broncos losing Manning.

Nobody is disrespecting the teams that beat us or the players that have filled in for our injured players. I highly doubt even the most optimistic of Newman fans were expecting a deep playoff run this year, let alone a state title. As for our losses, there is no disrespect in losing to the teams we've lost to: 7 point loss to an always solid 1A Ft. Dodge St. Edmonds who is 6-0 and ranked #5, a 7 point loss to always solid 1A St. Ansgar who is 4-2 with losses to the # 4 & 7 ranked teams, a 7 point loss to Prairie Valley, and an 8 point loss to undefeated and #6 ranked AGWSR. We had our chances to win every one of those games, but didn't. No excuses, we just didn't get it done.

Again, Newman fans aren't whining about it so quit acting like we are. And nobody was predicting this team would be world beaters. Go back and read the beginning of the thread. Others were all predicting Newman to win the district easily. It was the Newman posters saying that would not be the case. As for the rest of the season, I expect Newman to win out from here which would put us at 5-2 in the district and either 2nd or 3rd place.

Good teams = find a way to win the close ones.

Not good teams = don't (but love to remind everyone they "coulda, woulda, shoulda").

lushhawk,

You've done a nice job of explaining your points throughout this back-and-forth conversation. This "ghost" character clearly has an agenda against your school...on top of that, the guy just isn't sharp. His posts are laughable, at best. I'll give the guy credit for attempting to debate other posters, but his lack of general intelligence is simply too much for him to overcome. Hopefully, he'll keep responding though. We all appreciate the unintentional comedy he has brought to this thread.

As for Newman, I expect them to play better as the weeks progress. They are well-coached and are usually playing their best football when the post-season rolls around.

I'm sure he'll keep posting. (look at the number of his posts compared to yours).
If newman makes the playoffs.......I foresee a drive up to the nw tip of the state for them in the first round.

I know it is a late response but I couldn't let it go. Ghost your comparison to insurance and the distance you drive is off base. To be an equal comparison to the number of carries an athlete gets the insurance companies would have to ask you how many times you get in your car and drive each day. The number of miles you drive is more equal to how many yards you gained. So if the two are equal, then if you break off a 99 yard touchdown run, you have more of a chance to get hurt than if you only ran for 2 yards. So all RB's should make sure they don't break off any long runs or they might get hurt.

Lushhawk and Eleven 30,

You guys need to recruit DawgPoundGreat as a consultant to help you post because unlike your responses, his response actually contains intelligence and is right.. my insurance comparison would be off but it still doesn't change the fact the more time you spend on the field the more likely you are to get injured unless you were like Lushhawk and Eleven 30 who stood on the sideline during their games engaged in a Yu-Gi-Oh battle. I'll bet opposing teams too great pleasuring in running over these two saps on the sideline. (Maybe the repeated concussions they experienced this way has something to do with their current posting skills).

Nice catch DawgPound.

Spook, I'm not sure how much longer I'll write on this one. Lush and Eleven can't begin to engage in anything close to an intelligent rebuff. I point out how their own messages contradict each other and make it obvious they don't have a clue what is going on in DISTRICT 2 and football in general and the best they can come back with is a "no, you're stupid" type response with absolutely no substance. I have a policy to not engage anyone if their IQ is smaller than their shoe size.

FYI, the package and instructions were both delivered this morning in great shape.

How about you all stop talking about the nonsense and get back to discussing District 2, which happens to be one of the most competitive districts in the state right now.

AGWSR 23, Belmond-Klemme 13
Bishop Garrigan 15, Mason City Newman 13
Prairie Valley 22, Lake Mills 8
Southeast Webster 22, West Hancock 20

District Standings:
1. AGWSR 5-0
2. Bishop Garrigan 4-1
2. Prairie Valley 4-1
4. Belmond-Klemme 2-3
4. Mason City Newman 2-3
4. Lake Mills 2-3
7. Southeast Webster 1-4
8. West Hanccok

So who can what some likely scenarios are in the next two weeks? It looks like everyone still has a chance except Southeast Webster and West Hancock. Belmond needs to beat Garrigan next week but may need to do so without their QB who was injured in the game in Ackley tonight.

Noone can foresee the final record at this time, however AGWSR and PV are locked into the playoffs. (even with 2 losses in remaining games AGWSR would have a better record than the current 2-3 teams. And even with 2 loses in remaining games, PV owns the head to head over all three 2-3 teams). With 1 more win Garrrigan will be a lock. They could still make it with 2 upcoming losses depending on WHO wins of those 2-3 teams. Both of Garrigans final 2 oponents still have a chance at post season ( and will be playing hard to get there), hence I'm saying they have the toughest remaining schedule. Newman has the greatest seat of the three current 2-3 teams for final playoff spot. Their opponents are the bottom 2 teams currently in the district plus they hold the head to head against the 2 teams they are currently tied with. If they do make the playoffs it would be with a 4-5 record.
As for district champ, AGWSR has DEFINITELY got the inside track. However, If PV could get the win against them in the final week ( pending games go as expected for AGWSR, PV and GARRIGAN) there could be a real logjam that would have to go to head to heads and points.
The next 2 weeks should be interesting.

AGWSR has got the inside track but I wouldn't rule out PV in week 9. That could be an interesting game.

AGWSR and Belmond were tied at the half. Could be a mental boost for PV knowing BK hung with them in the first half. Also it would be interesting to know at what point of the game BK lost their QB.

Looks like West Hancock won't even win a game this year. Hard to believe that they were in the state finals just a couple of years ago and now this. I haven't been paying much attention to them this year, so does anyone have any insight into what is happening to that powerhouse program ? Has the game passed Sanger by ? Just looking for some honest opinions, not some bs crap that some of the posters spew all over these message boards. thanks

West Hancock graduated almost all of the key players from the last 3 years. The new players aren't as good and aren't as experienced. It happens, even to good coaches. The game doesn't pass a guy by in one year. They just don't have the horses this year they've had the last few.

West Hancock will likely finish the year 0-9. They are extremely young this year and have not gotten many quality contributions from upperclassmen. The Eagles will be better next year, but still far from the level of play that program is used to.

Prairie Valley continued its recent run of success with a good win over Lake Mills. Lake Mills has the toughest road to the final playoff spot, as the Bulldogs face the top two teams in the district (Ackley and Garrigan) in week 8 and week 9.

Newman appears to have the upper hand on the 4th playoff spot, despite 3 straight losses to the top teams in D2. The Knights face the two worst teams in the district to finish the year and should wind up 4-3 in district play. Newman owns the head-to-head tiebreaker with Belmond.

Congrats to SEW for picking up its first district win in a long time (since at least 2011). That is a very young team that should continue to move in the right direction over the next couple seasons.

This post was edited on 10/12 10:43 AM by Eleven30

For any of the B-K fans out there, how is Kinseth doing? What type of injury did he sustain in last night's game?

West Hancock will be just fine. Coach Sanger is a very fine coach. They graduated basically everybody, what did you expect? In class (A) ball it is not real likely that you have huge numbers every year waiting in the wings! They are a fine program in the past, the present, and I am sure in the future. You cannot define a good program only by wins and losses? I am sure coach Sanger is doing everything the right way! In smaller schools, you just dont have the horses every year.
I have seen their younger classes, they will be just fine in the future

"I have seen their younger classes, they will be just fine in the future."

- As always, kruck5 speaks the truth.

He broke his fibula and had a plate inserted the next morning.

It was his 1st carry on the 2nd series of the game. The 1st series Belmond scored on on a 91 yard run. They defense has stopped them twice and did not allow them to get a 1st down up to that point.

You have to keep in mind that Elijah is also the punter, kicker and outside linebacker. So with him gone you have to replace 4 positions!

There is no doubt in my mind that AGWSR would have lost that night!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT