ADVERTISEMENT

D6 - Week 9 Picks

AP's Punter not having the best night, two shanked punts have given STC good field position. STC driving with 1:32 left in the 3rd.

If AP doesn't come back to win they can blame the loss squarely on special teams between their two awful punts and the kick return for a TD

Yes, Lowe fumbled on AP's 9 yard line. Tough turnover for STC, good for AP as they can gain momentum. Still 23-10 at the start of the 4th!

AP'S OFFENSE has been good. Their defense has been up and down. Will let Low get to the outside and will tackle high

That might be it for AP. Their offense isn't built to score 2 maybe 3 quick TD's to come back

AP gaining momentum. The fumble after the interception was huge for AP! AP inside STC's 15 with 4:30 left! 23-10!

That's game. Great effort by both teams. I questioned the catch that was called incomplete.. To me, he came down with it which would've been huge for AP, but clearly seen differently by the ref. That settles the district standings!

Would be interesting if the game was dry where the kids weren't slipping all over the place. The speedy kids on both sides were limited

Congrats to South Tama. Sounds like it was a great game. Do the playoffs still work so that district runner-ups and champs meet up early in the playoffs if they win? Could be a great rematch if both teams perform well. I hate the 32-team playoff. They probably got it right with the 8-team playoff, but I understand the 16-team playoff. My senior-year team at A-P finished second in our district at 8-1 and we got bounced from the playoffs big-time by a Montezuma team that went deep into the playoffs after losing 3 games in the regular season and finishing second in their district. I guess it gives some unfortunate third-place teams a chance get healthy and prove themselves, but how often does that actually happen?

The spots by the refs were bad all night, side judge was marking kids down then signaling third down or whatever and a full yard short then head ref would spot the ball and signal first down! I have worked the chains and down markers for many varsity games and I have never seen the refs have that big of discrepancy!

On the pass to Waller if he came down with it then he clearly fumbled before going to the ground and ST would have easily recovered I believe. For what its worth I didnt think it was a catch but I could be wrong.

On the pass to Waller if he came down with it then he clearly fumbled before going to the ground and ST would have easily recovered I believe. For what its worth I didnt think it was a catch but I could be wrong.
That's what I saw, I believe the ref could have cut AP some slack and ruled it a incomplete pass. While in the air he caught the ball, and as he came down he was hit which popped the ball loose. It really could have gone either way! AP did have multiple chances to turn things around last night, especially with the turnovers Lowe had fumbling. The same goes for STC as they had plenty of chances to put the game away. That STC defense was stout, and Darius Lasley played the QB position as if he did all year long. AP played a great game as well, but as someone stated last night, their offense just wasn't built to strike quick and score a few TD's in a matter of minutes. Overall, it was a good game in a great atmosphere!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT