ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching Openings 2021-22

Hearing that Lincoln's current defensive coordinator will be named the head coach at Lincoln.

Storm Lake is posted, to me that is a job that you can have success at, but it will take the right coach.

Bishop Heelan HC Position open.

10 years ago that is a top 5 job in the state, their athletics overall haven't been as good recently. I think part of it is the rise of SBL, you can win at Heelan, everyone knows that but it is much more challenging then it used to be.

I also think this hire needs to be a Heelan guy.

East Union and CR Jefferson

Sounds like the Jefferson situation is a little sticky, with the coach being forced to resign.

I wonder if DSM will ever combine Hoover and North, they are much smaller then the other 3 high schools and essentially cover the same part of town.

I wonder if DSM will ever combine Hoover and North, they are much smaller then the other 3 high schools and essentially cover the same part of town.
Doubtful, alumni bases would probably throw a fit about it.

I truly wonder how much longer they will be a district, their largest class is this years juniors at 29, and that is the only grade with over 20 kids in it. Seems to me like they will be going with North Mahaska, SIgourney or English Valleys at some point.

The big question for these tiny districts is they have small enrollments spread over fairly large geographic areas. It's hard to take the entire district in consolidation because the transportation costs are just prohibitive in many cases.

Reactions: hawxs22
I truly wonder how much longer they will be a district, their largest class is this years juniors at 29, and that is the only grade with over 20 kids in it. Seems to me like they will be going with North Mahaska, SIgourney or English Valleys at some point.
Would any of districts want them? Are any of them close to being moved up a class and would be if they shared or consolidated?

Ah, Tri-County, reminding me of the old Blackhawk Conference we played in before it dissolved in 1981. One of the memories I have from that place was a baseball game we played there, must have been the summer of ‘82, when my teammate Rick Heller (current Iowa Hawkeye baseball coach) broke an aluminum bat hitting a pitch.

(Classes here are football classes, obviously)
Cardinal (Eldon) - I think we were 2A back then; currently 1A after a couple of years in A
Van Buren - currently 1A
WACO - now 8-player
Pekin - currently A
Harmony (Farmington) - I don’t think this is a district anymore, think they were taken over by Van Buren
Central Lee (Donnellson) - now 2A
Tri-County (Thornburg) - 8-player
West Burlington - now 3A (combined with West Burlington Notre Dame)

What's the running list for open jobs currently? Seems to be mostly smaller schools with openings still.

CR Jefferson hired former Iowa LB Ed Miles. That seems like a great hire for them.

Boyden-Hull Rock Valley head coach Cory Brandt retiring. The defense coordinator is also done. Sounds like they probably have the positions filled/lined up already.

No surprise, North Cedar was posted last Friday. They've struggled in football recently, but have some decent athletes. They have a solid track & field program.

No surprise, North Cedar was posted last Friday. They've struggled in football recently, but have some decent athletes. They have a solid track & field program.
I think their coach went to Grinnell.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT