ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching Openings 2021-22

PNation

Varsity
Aug 15, 2010
This is always a popular off season thread, might as well get it started for this off season.

Looks like Eddyville Blakesburg Fremont will be open.

I heard Scott Frost quit - but then - Heelan didn't want him.
nu, loose another close one..they wonder why they can,t win the close ones....TALENT, they dont have enough.

wonder if the fans are getting on scott?

Grinnell. Grinnell has turned things around and is likely an attractive Job. Especially since they are getting a Major stadium/facilities upgrade (not that their old complex was bad).

Grinnell has always been a good job, they made one poor hire combined with a few classes that weren't as talented but overall that's a solid community and well supported.

I would think the person who took over as interim coach at Grinnell would be in position to take over that program.

I know nothing personally of the Grinnell situation I do not know if paednoch23 does either, but I know that it is their head baseball coach that is the interim coach. He may not want it, already being the baseball coach, and only took it because it was June and finding a head coach that late would be tough, and maybe he does want it, I do not know.

Grinnell is suppose to be open as the baseball coach was clear he was a one year fill in, however, you never know.

I know nothing personally of the Grinnell situation I do not know if paednoch23 does either, but I know that it is their head baseball coach that is the interim coach. He may not want it, already being the baseball coach, and only took it because it was June and finding a head coach that late would be tough, and maybe he does want it, I do not know.
Your information lines up with everything I know and have heard. Grinnell has some decent athletes on their team. He seems (the interim) to have done well coaching them. The prior coach left the program in a good spot and built some components very quickly (a solid youth tackle program and a football club organization). Whoever takes the job will have the resources and community enthusiasm support. Additionally they are upgrading their football complex. It is a very attractive job.

It is only November 4th, the majority of jobs come open the middle of December through the first of April. I would say on average their are usually around 30-40 jobs that come open and I would guess that trend will continue.

I'm curious as to jobs like the ones have been posted just how often those come open as it seems like those jobs are always open. I get it that they're pretty remote places to live and that more than likely factors in to them always being open.

That is a tough job, even if they aren't in 5A, their previous coach actually did some good things, he just couldn't maintain it over time.

Knoxville was posted, I don't know the situation there with the coach resigning before the season was over. Maybe it was nothing, but you usually don't see that.

Lost me on that one...
A Dr. Pepper TV commercial, where a punter is entering the "Portal" to go play for another team, and asks a coaching staff if they need a punter. The 3 coaching staff guys say - no. The punter enters the "portal" and grabs a pack of Dr. Pepper (soda) and returns with the pop and says: I brought Dr. Pepper. Then the 3 coaching staff guys say - "welcome to the team".

A Dr. Pepper TV commercial, where a punter is entering the "Portal" to go play for another team, and asks a coaching staff if they need a punter. The 3 coaching staff guys say - no. The punter enters the "portal" and grabs a pack of Dr. Pepper (soda) and returns with the pop and says: I brought Dr. Pepper. Then the 3 coaching staff guys say - "welcome to the team".
😂 Ah I see

So I think it's safe to say that this is a slow year for openings. Just a couple weeks left in the year and if a job was going to post it would have by now. Certainly, the ones that are open could open another but there are really no real "attractive" positions open except for maybe the Grinnell job.

Sidney
Des Moines East
Knoxville
Des Moines Lincoln
Grinnell
Storm Lake
EBF
West Fork
Saydel
Council Bluffs TJ
Clarksville

If the coach is also a teacher, those often open up in March and April. I imagine it will be quiet for awhile and then another flurry of openings in the spring.

I think that most people would agree that Grinnell is probably the best job currently avaliable, what do you guys think is the second or third best job?

Has anyone heard about any hires or interviews?

Lincoln for the 2nd best job
Heard finalist are a couple of assistants and current DC on staff and Ft. Madison's activities director

Maybe Knoxville for 3rd? Not sure, it's a tough call tbh.

None of them are top tier in their classes but Grinnell and Lincoln are probably the best. Knoxville is not an easy job. I know someone that coaches there and he said it was difficult getting kids out. Good community and neat old stadium but not an easy place to win.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT