ADVERTISEMENT

Championship thoughts: Regina vs Western Christian

OK, my pulse is back to normal.
Proud of the Wolfpack. Nothing to hang their heads about.

Great game to watch, just came out on the wrong side of the final score.
Not bad for a new program where many of these kids didn't start playing until later.

You've got to give it up to the Regina team. They had to battle through 3 tough games. To me this was as good of a team effort to win as any Regal team I've seen. Hats off!

Regina looked to be the better team most of the game. They dominated the line of scrimmage on offense and made the big plays when needed.

Western just hung in there though and refused to go away. Their passing game really gave Regina trouble. Just couldn't get that final big play when they needed it. I agree they have nothing to hang their heads about. A great season for a school not known for their football. Hopefully just the start of many more similar seasons.

Regina definitely was the better team and made the plays when it counted. Hats off to their program and what they've accomplished. To be the best you have to beat the best. WC was close this year but not quite there. As a WC fan, I'm not even a little disappointed though. What more can you ask for than to get an opportunity to smash heads with the best out there for the title on the line? It lets you know what you have, where you stand, and what it takes to get to the top. Great season boys. One we'll talk about for years to come.

Congrats to ICR!! It had to be tough focusing today for both the ICR players and coaches with today's other distraction.

Great game by 2 fine teams. Very impressive when Regina went up by 2 scores, WC kept fighting to stay in the game.Game came down to last play. Now i want to know how they lost 2 games? ?

Yep, really great game. Probably the best 1A team Regina played all season. Congrats to Western Christian!

Western Christian should be solidly in the middle of the 1A pack. The current freshman class is smallish, 45 or so, compared to a typical class size in the 60s.

Western Christian should be solidly in the middle of the 1A pack. The current freshman class is smallish, 45 or so, compared to a typical class size in the 60s.

So I would assume Western, West Lyon, Hinton will be in the same district again next year. Who's going to be left out of the playoffs?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT