ADVERTISEMENT

Attention: need a little help with definitions.

Know it well, charming old river town on the mighty Miss. Although it may not be the definition of cosmopolitanism, there’s definitely more backarsed cities in IA (I believe Sockey is from Cedar Rapids).
Yeah, actually I was just kidding about Dubuque…. One of the very few Iowa cities I spent time in….. regional ASME engineering conference held there one year

I'm just the freed prisoner talking to the cave dweller's in Plato's Allegory of the Cave.

My dad is a retired chemical engineer. He spent time in Iowa for training as a young man. No offense to our boy @Reasoned but he got pretty pissed off when the locals tried to talk him into the wife swapping parties. His explanation...

"It gets cold and they just start fvcking one another." Haha, he was pissed.

My dad is a retired chemical engineer. He spent time in Iowa for training as a young man. No offense to our boy @Reasoned but he got pretty pissed off when the locals tried to talk him into the wife swapping parties. His explanation...

“Wife swapping parties” 😳………in Iowa?

🤔 Must have been in Iowa City, it’s littered with progressive, immoral malcontents.

BTW, who do you call “boogs” again?

Reactions: BamaFan1137

🤔 Must have been in Iowa City, it’s littered with progressive, immoral malcontents.

I would guess Iowa City but this had to of been in the 60's, before I was a glint in his eye.

They often eat boogers. 😁

• Haha
Reactions: Reasoned

Nope. Waterloo was notorious for it, as was NE German Catholic Iowa. Rumored partakers were John Wayne Gacy and Michelle Bachmann’s parents.

I have all the nerdy girl-next-door hot engineers come up to me asking if I had a slide rule in my pants or if I was just excited to see her

I will admit that something changed about 10 years ago. Nerdy chicks got hot AF.

...some of them.

Wait...they had slide rules back then?
Smart a$$! At least we knew the difference between millions and billions.....Every engineering student, excepting the females, had one hanging from his belt in a leather case. The old K&E came in handy when cyphering.

At that time, AU had a computer (Circa 1960. Old Punch Cards) that filled up a sizable room. You had to reserve time to use it. I never did because I didn't know how to use it. Today's smallest laptops dwarf it in proficiency.

Reactions: BamaFan1137
I would guess Iowa City but this had to of been in the 60's, before I was a glint in his eye.

They often eat boogers. 😁

boog.0.gif

Reactions: Konigstiger
Smart a$$! At least we knew the difference between millions and billions.....Every engineering student, excepting the females, had one hanging from his belt in a leather case. The old K&E came in handy when cyphering.

At that time, AU had a computer (Circa 1960. Old Punch Cards) that filled up a sizable room. You had to reserve time to use it. I never did because I didn't know how to use it. Today's smallest laptops dwarf it in proficiency.
I missed using punch cards for FORTRAN by a semester, thank God

I had an assistant scoutmaster growing up that worked for IBM…. He built a log cabin house and insulated it with incredible stacks of old punch cards

I missed using punch cards for FORTRAN by a semester, thank God

I had an assistant scoutmaster growing up that worked for IBM…. He built a log cabin house and insulated it with incredible stacks of old punch cards
That’s incredible in a way. Punch cards…you coldly fill a shoebox with them and store only a bit of data. And god help you if you spilled them and got them mixed up!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT