ADVERTISEMENT

2nd Round Playoffs

I have not seen Bellevue or Denver this year. Kilburg, the Bellevue RB sounds very good. However, it seems Bellevue is pretty one-dimensional. .

Peter Kilburg: 2066 rushing
Cade Daugherty: 1815 passing, 20 TD passes

No other team in Iowa has a 2000 yard rusher and 1800 yard passer. All classes.

Peter Kilburg: 2066 rushing
Cade Daugherty: 1815 passing, 20 TD passes

No other team in Iowa has a 2000 yard rusher and 1800 yard passer. All classes.
If you can stop/contain Kilburg, I don't think the passing game can carry Bellevue. We will see.

If you can stop/contain Kilburg, I don't think the passing game can carry Bellevue. We will see.

Thing is, Bellevue played the entire 2nd half without Kilburg last week, and went from 8-8 to 26-8, so they showed that they are not just Kilburg. I follow from a distance, and I dont know if he is 100% or even close for that matter, so they will likely throw a lot more this week.

I do agree that Denver is probably to much for Bellevue, but to say they are totally 1 dimensional and reliant on Kilburg is not correct.

This is not an anti-Bellevue post. I don't claim to be an expert on Bellevue football. I haven't seen them play. Perhaps my ignorance allowed me to use too strong of words. However, Kilburg is the straw that stirs the drink for Bellevue. Quikstats shows that any way you slice it, Kilburg is 50% of the offense. I just don't think Bellevue is diverse enough to beat a team like Denver IF Denver is able to contain Kilburg. Tonight will tell us a lot and I may have to eat my words.

No way Hinton beats Western. Too many weapons on that team. With Bishop out that takes a key playmaker out on both sides of the ball for Hinton. Western 41-Hinton-14

No way Hinton beats Western. Too many weapons on that team. With Bishop out that takes a key playmaker out on both sides of the ball for Hinton. Western 41-Hinton-14
I think it would take an injury to Kooima to swing things to advantage Hinton. Bishop has double the tackles of anyone else on the team. Without him, your score could be spot on. Hinton's scoring ability will hinge on Small and how healthy he is. If his mobility is limited I look for Western to blitz early and often to try and force turnovers. Western has 16 interceptions on the year and I'm sure they'd love a few more tonight.

Reactions: cidhawkeye
Spot on with Denver vs Bellevue. They could not handle Denvers physicality. Denver completely shut down Kilburg and the running game. Denvers pounding running game was also too much for Bellevue. They finally scored on Denvers 2's and 3's with 56 seconds left.

This is not an anti-Bellevue post. I don't claim to be an expert on Bellevue football. I haven't seen them play. Perhaps my ignorance allowed me to use too strong of words. However, Kilburg is the straw that stirs the drink for Bellevue. Quikstats shows that any way you slice it, Kilburg is 50% of the offense. I just don't think Bellevue is diverse enough to beat a team like Denver IF Denver is able to contain Kilburg. Tonight will tell us a lot and I may have to eat my words.

Spot on with Denver vs Bellevue. They could not handle Denvers physicality. Denver completely shut down Kilburg and the running game. Denvers pounding running game was also too much for Bellevue. They finally scored on Denvers 2's and 3's with 56 seconds left.
It will now be interesting to see Regina v Denver. Denver seems to be a running/pounding team also. That usually runs right in to the teeth of Regina and they are really good at stopping that. Denver is big but so is Regina. The trenches will be interesting. Just as Bellevue needed to create something other than running to beat Denver, I will say the same thing about Denver. They will have to come up with a passing game to beat Regina. WC perhaps has the best attack at this point to upset them.

I would agree. Champ is the Champ until someone beats them.

Denver CAN throw the ball to about 6-7 different guys but just have not needed to do that yet.

Should be an awesome line of scrimmage battle!

ICR has to be the favorite but Denver will not quit. One of the smallest 1-A teams in the state vs one of the biggest.

CAN'T WAIT FOR SATURDAY!!!

I would agree. Champ is the Champ until someone beats them.

Denver CAN throw the ball to about 6-7 different guys but just have not needed to do that yet.

Should be an awesome line of scrimmage battle!

ICR has to be the favorite but Denver will not quit. One of the smallest 1-A teams in the state vs one of the biggest.

CAN'T WAIT FOR SATURDAY!!!
Agreed. It should be a great game and a great atmosphere in the Dome.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT