ADVERTISEMENT

1A State

50145af55fb87.preview-620.jpg

Gabe Dunn got screwed on the safety squeeze in the 5th.

That picture proves nothing. From the view I had, it appeared the catchers leg was between the runners head and the plate, and both hands were spread wide both sides of the plate until after the tag was applied. It was a split second call, even tougher than a bang-bang play at 1st. The catcher had the position, made the tag, and held ontp the ball. The umpire was right on top of it, and made the call. That's baseball. I'd like to believe the Newman players/coaches realize this and are a class bunch and are not blaming the ump for the loss. It was a very close game and MstM made a couple more plays today and that was the difference.

Watch the video at the globe gazette .com and then tell me that picture proves nothing MSTM played a great game and so did NEWMAN its a shame that umpires cant get calls that are not that close right so the kids decide the game on the field and not them The tag was on the waist of the runner after his hands had crossed the plate.

You can't see where the foul lines cross, you can't even imagine where they cross because you can only see one. You can't see the first base foul line you can only see the front of the batters box, so saying that his midsection is where they cross is not accurate. Good game and pitching performances by both pitchers, but know one from the Newman Team or coaching staff (only ones that matter) are going complain because they were no-hit. You don't deserve to win if you can't get a hit.

MSTM only had 2 hits and those hits had nothing to do with there run.. They scored the same way that Newman should have scored. A walk steals 2nd gos to 3rd on a wild pitch scores on a fielders choices. don't sit there and tell me that because MSTM got 2 hit that's why they won. It turned out that Newman should have went home not 1st in the 1st inning.

This post was edited on 7/29 9:22 AM by NKPACK

Originally posted by hawkbb101:
You can't see where the foul lines cross, you can't even imagine where they cross because you can only see one. You can't see the first base foul line you can only see the front of the batters box, so saying that his midsection is where they cross is not accurate. Good game and pitching performances by both pitchers, but know one from the Newman Team or coaching staff (only ones that matter) are going complain because they were no-hit. You don't deserve to win if you can't get a hit.
Uhm, I see two foul lines in that picture, and if you can't use your perception on where those two lines would cross under Dunn's body, that's not my fault. It's pretty clear.

Despite the obvious fact of a blown call....it was a great game by both teams. Congrats to MSTM. Just too bad a blown call changed the game.

The catcher could have tahhed him on his foot, but if the runners hands never actually touched the plate, he is out. And from my angle, live, in person, directly opposite the angle this picture was from, I never saw either hand touch the plate until after the tag.

Originally posted by NKPACK:
Watch the video at the globe gazette .com and then tell me that picture proves nothing MSTM played a great game and so did NEWMAN its a shame that umpires cant get calls that are not that close right so the kids decide the game on the field and not them The tag was on the waist of the runner after his hands had crossed the plate.
Sorry to bring up an old topic but Newman deserved some bad calls. The umps got 4 calls wrong against Lisbon. All the calls were made by the first base ump and 3 of the four weren't even close. Photographs are the only reason I know the 4th call was wrong so can't blame the guy for that one. The other 3 calls were either bias or severe incompetence. That ump decided the game instead of letting the players do it.

Originally posted by NKPACK:
WOW Don't think anyone deserves bad calls Moved on
Sorry you are correct that no team deserves bad calls. I just feel a little less sorry for Newman since they benefited so much against Lisbon. Newman may still have won that game and I had moved on but wanted to let people know just how bad that umpire was. He should be ashamed and never allowed to ump postseason games again.

Typical of a person to blame their team's loss on the umps. Lisbon did a lot to themselves..the outcome of the game wasn't in the umps hands.. Lisbon could have done more that game for themselves ..one or two calls didn't affect the outcome. The better team won that game...but I'm sure the umps won it for Newman when they clubbed Lisbon 14 to 4 earlier in the season too, right?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT