5. Ames
6. Waukee
7. Linn-Mar
8. Ankeny Centennial
9. IC High
10. Muscatine
Looking in.. Bettendorf, Dub. Hempstead, Southeast Polk

Last edited:
CMB will be much improved this year. Maybe not enough to be ranked, but enough they should be able to challenge for state qualifying in most districts. They have their top four back, six of their top seven, plus they have three incoming FR that are faster than any of the returning runners. Of their returning lettermen, only one is a SR this year, so most will be back next year.

West Marshall is 2A

Turkey Valley kids are running at South Winneshiek this year. So, South Winneshiek will be 2A also.

West Marshall and CMB were a close 1-2 at Gilbert tonight. WM with 36, CMB with 54 and were missing their #2 runner. CMB's 3 FR were 5th, 10th and 11th, with their #1 finishing 9th. WM went 2\3\4\12\14.

Southeast Valley girls have looked strong in their first two meets of the year. Won their home meet last Thursday edging St. Edmond by a point and ahead of West Central Valley, who this week is a team to watch in 2A. Last night at Webster City they finished 2nd behind Humboldt, finishing ahead of Algona and St. Edmond.

2A to me seems to be the deepest when it comes to teams. My goals is to have a mid-season ranking for each class and at the end of regular season.

Almost forgot, one of West Marshall's FR, who is in their top five, is open enrolled from CMB. With her, I would put CMB in the top 10 right now and a threat at state.

W. Marshall and CMB were at the Greene County invitational Thursday night. West Marshall (39) won it, Southeast Valley (67) 2nd, CMB (72) 3rd and Panorama (80) was 4th.

CMB won at Saydel tonight, beat SE Valley by 36. All five scorers finished in the top 15, four in the top 10. Winter Brown, CMB's #2, is still out with an injury. She's planning to run at Lynnville Sully on Thursday. I think SE Valley went 1 & 4, but then a big gap to their 3/4/5 runners.

I heard that SV's third runner was in 5th or 6th place and collapsed about 5 - 10 meters from the finish line this morning. They took her by ambulance to the hospital after she went unconscious. :( Hope she's doing okay, thoughts and prayers to her family and teammates.

Yeah, I saw them carrying her out. I couldn't tell for sure, but based on how she was looking, I'd guess dehydration. She looked like she was having some pretty severe cramping. I haven't heard anything about it though.

North Polk won at Nevada tonight, CMB was 2nd, 18 back and West Marshall 3rd, 8 back of CMB. I think the scoring was NP 59, CMB 77, WM 85. CMB still without their #2 runner, they're thinking she's going to run Saturday at South Hardin.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT