5. Waukee
6. Johnston
7. IC West
8. Valley
9. Dub. Senior
10. Urbandale
11. Linn-Mar
12. Indianola

East Marshall and Southeast Valley both beat North Polk last night at Nevada.
Yah, and I also saw a nice South Hamilton team beat both of these teams and also East Marshall by 25 points last night at Nevada. Last week East Marshall defeated both # 4 Hudson and #7 Denver!!

Agreed, South Hamilton's boys are extremely tough this year, probably don't run against Hudson or Denver, but definitely should be ranked higher than 10th.

Denver won at Jesup on Tuesday and Hudson was 9th I think. Denver should be ahead of Hudson. Newman beat West Fork last week at Central Springs, lost on a tiebreaker to them on Monday, and beat them last week at Clear Lake. The two are very close, with a slight edge to Newman right now maybe.

Denver won at Jesup on Tuesday and Hudson was 9th I think. Denver should be ahead of Hudson. Newman beat West Fork last week at Central Springs, lost on a tiebreaker to them on Monday, and beat them last week at Clear Lake. The two are very close, with a slight edge to Newman right now maybe.

Newman was behind several un-ranked 1A teams at Jesup... I see they were without their #1 runner, but that would not have been enough to be ahead of Central, Dunkerton, Hudson, Starmont, and Jesup...
Are WF and Newman ranked too high?
Central should probably be in your top 12.

All this is good info. Like I said before it can be tough to get all results because they are not always posted or easy to find. These opinions will help some when it comes to the final rankings which will be out right before district meets start. I will also have a preview of each district and another one right before the state meet. Some classes look to be very even!

Newman was also without #5, but yes, I think Newman and West Fork are both ranked too high. They are probably in the 12-15 range realistically. Let's see how they both run next week at Eagle Grove. Always several good teams there.

All this is good info. Like I said before it can be tough to get all results because they are not always posted or easy to find. These opinions will help some when it comes to the final rankings which will be out right before district meets start. I will also have a preview of each district and another one right before the state meet. Some classes look to be very even!

How hard is it to find results?
http://www.iatfcc.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=388&Itemid=343

There are 33 meets from last one alone posted there. If each meet hosted 10 teams, several had more, that would 330 teams represented, more than there are in the state. Sure, some teams raced twice last week altering that number, but saying it's hard to find results is comical

Anyone know why the iatfcc hasn't updated the 1a boys individual rankings?

From the IATC website, posted September 24th.
Individual Ranking chair, Todd Peverill will be having his heart surgery next Wednesday. He will be in the hospital for a number of days and then out to get back up to strength. His wife reported that he had not had a heart attack and his heart is pumping strong and above average. Speaks volumes for being a great athlete and Hall of Fame runner. Keep Todd and Lu in your thoughts and prayers as we get Todd back to us healthy and strong. ....... Wash

In addition to this, a request was sent out seeking coach's assistance with rankings. It appears as though no 1A boys coaches expressed interest in helping

I stand corrected and will do better, I apologize! Glad I could say something comical! The Fitness site seems to be more organized and I didn't know of that site. Just getting into the cross country research and takes time to find all the teams with all the meets.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT