ADVERTISEMENT

WISTCA Clinic

cc coach

Varsity
Jun 10, 2002
Just saw that they are starting to put up info for the 2012 Wisconsin coaching clinic. Been to it the last couple years and it has been really good. Many, many different sessions (12 sessions at a time), good speakers (HS, college, pro), well organized, etc. They are just starting to put stuff up, so I am sure there will be more to follow. It is in Milwaukee, so probably a stretch for those of you in central/western iowa, but for those of us on the east side, it is an option worth looking at.
http://faculty.muhs.edu/klestinski/wistca/clinic/index.html

cc_coach,

Thanks for the update. Planning to go to it this year after a buddy of mine went last year and raved about it. Has it always been in Milwaukee? Don't remember him mentioning that last year. I know it's not cheap, but anyone wanting to go to a well put-together clinic should take a look at it. Easily worth the cost.

The past few years it has been in Milwaukee - not sure if it has "always" been there.
I think the cost is comparable to the ISU clinic overall, but I have not been particularly impressed with the ISU one over recent years. ISU has a few big names every year, but not much for selection. If the one coach that is speaking about "your area" of track is not particularly good . . . .no other real options to go to. No HS coaches to speak. Many times the "big names" cannot relate at all to what HS coaches have to work with in regard to time, talent, facilities, weather, schedule, etc. Just think the Wisc. one is more well rounded, lots of speakers in every area of track and field and they speak to multiple levels of expertise as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT