ADVERTISEMENT

Where is JayZ?

Hawk2015

Freshman
Jan 8, 2015
Quote from JayZ, "I never "talked up GR". I simply posed the question to BC regarding their records and their drastic difference in strength of schedule. That was it. Then Someone attacked me. I responded with my thoughts. You attacked me with your AP Poll argument (LOL). And then I posted this, and you never responded.
January 30:
"I have made it clear that I could care less about the AP poll especially in 1A. They basically go by record and that is stupid. I have also made it clear that 95% of BCMoore is what I follow. I simply posed the question to BC about how GV is ranked higher than GR (currently one spot higher) when the records are almost identical. The only difference is one has a strength of schedule of 125 out of 148 and the other has a SOS of 31 out of 148. You (HAWK2015) started this thread by saying the BLUGRASS was weak. So what are we arguing here exactly? "

So what lame excuse do you have now JayZ. Your SOS argument is WORTHLESS! Doesn't matter who you play during the year, Grand View was by far the best 1A team even though their SOS wasn't great. Guess what: SOS doesn't matter JayZ, wins matter. Also maybe you should pay attention to the AP poll since the top four in the AP were the final four of the 1A tournament. I'm sure you won't respond to this JayZ, you probably already have another username and are making worthless posts like you always do. See you next postseason when NW Iowa doesn't show up again in the championship game.

Oh boy. I admit he probably did have this coming. But you can't just throw out SOS due to 1 year of GVC winning the championship. What about the past 18 years. Yes NW Iowa was down this year and didn't have a team from the siouxland there, doesn't diminish the fact that they have proven over time to be a force once they get to Des Moines. I would argue that this class 1a field was one of the weakest I remember seeing in a long time and I have been going to the state tournament every year for the past 17 years. Have GVC get on the phone and come up to Northwest Iowa or vice versa ask NW Iowa teams to come to Des Moines and play on a Saturday during the season and we will see what happens next year.

Well, some of that might be happening next year, maybe not on a large scale but perhaps a team or two, stay tuned.

Last edited:
I would argue that this class 1a field was one of the weakest I remember seeing in a long time and I have been going to the state tournament every year for the past 17 years.

That is purely your own perception / take. I've been going to the tourneys longer than that and hold the opposite view.

What about the past 18 years. Yes NW Iowa was down this year and didn't have a team from the siouxland there, doesn't diminish the fact that they have proven over time to be a force once they get to Des Moines.

Unless I miscounted, going back to 2004-2017, I see 6 Siouxland 1A titles during that time, while other schools/conferences won the other 8. It is impressive to see them win 43% of the time, but it's not like it's some stranglehold or a given.

Last edited:
Reactions: GoHawks2009
I still want to know what happened to JayZ? Where did he go? Maybe he is still on Spring Break and will be back on here soon. We can only hope since he is so much smarter than all of the rest of us. I just can't figure out what we will do without him kindly correcting us and helping us out, he is just such a bright young man, and he is always right on with his posts. We miss you JayZ!

So you started a thread just to continue some petty argument?
Sad!
This is a sports talk board, full of opinions, speculation, & trash-talk. What are you looking for?

Are you secretly in love with JayZ that you feel the need to stalk him?

Oh boy. I admit he probably did have this coming. But you can't just throw out SOS due to 1 year of GVC winning the championship. What about the past 18 years. Yes NW Iowa was down this year and didn't have a team from the siouxland there, doesn't diminish the fact that they have proven over time to be a force once they get to Des Moines. I would argue that this class 1a field was one of the weakest I remember seeing in a long time and I have been going to the state tournament every year for the past 17 years. Have GVC get on the phone and come up to Northwest Iowa or vice versa ask NW Iowa teams to come to Des Moines and play on a Saturday during the season and we will see what happens next year.
It's funny how leading up to the tournament the other teams were talked up and everyone was sure at some point they would show that GVC was just a sham. But when GVC won it all, well then those teams weren't very good after all. :)

BCMoore is not everything of course, but I went back and looked as far back as it goes. Since 2003, GVC ended up with the 4th highest 1A modified ranking score at the end of the season (102.75), the highest since Boyden-Hull in 2012 with 104.1. Now it's possible that his calculations have changed over the years, I don't know. I am also NOT saying GVC is the 4th greatest 1A team in the last 15 years. I'm simply saying that maybe, just maybe, they were a decent team this year.

Reactions: mylameusername
Sad!
This is a sports talk board, full of opinions, speculation, & trash-talk. What are you looking for?

No problems here with the opinions, specs and trash-talk.

What's sad is when the opinions and trash-talk is proven to be resoundingly wrong, the poster suddenly disappears.

Reactions: iowalongs230
It's funny how leading up to the tournament the other teams were talked up and everyone was sure at some point they would show that GVC was just a sham. But when GVC won it all, well then those teams weren't very good after all. :)

This. I wouldn't be surprised to see a North Linn, GVC, RSM, or even New London be in the mix next year. I wonder what the excuses will be then.

Reactions: iowalongs230

BCMoore is not everything of course, but I went back and looked as far back as it goes. Since 2003, GVC ended up with the 4th highest 1A modified ranking score at the end of the season (102.75), the highest since Boyden-Hull in 2012 with 104.1. Now it's possible that his calculations have changed over the years, I don't know. I am also NOT saying GVC is the 4th greatest 1A team in the last 15 years. I'm simply saying that maybe, just maybe, they were a decent team this year.

Not only did they win it all, GVC didn't lose to a 1A team the entire season. Laughable how now, all of a sudden, someone throws the old - "this class 1A field was one of the weakest they can remember".

If BH, RV, GLR or one of the Lyons won it all going undefeated in 1A this year, the tune would be completely different.

Sad!

Let's go ahead and classify this as trash-talk.

Sad!

Trash talk?

Lulz. This is kindergarten compared to the good old days.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT