ADVERTISEMENT

Where are……

You’re kidding…right? Our school has zero tolerance, as it should. As the coach explained to parents in a meeting, he had to remove five starters from the team going into the PO’s for getting caught at a homecoming party where alcohol was present (they’re not suspended from school, unless there’s additional law enforcement issues). That’s the team policy.
Not kidding, it’s in the student handbook that’s public. Now coaches may have harsher punishment than the school itself. But kicked off the team for just being at a party?

Not kidding, it’s in the student handbook that’s public. Now coaches may have harsher punishment than the school itself. But kicked off the team for just being at a party?
Well to be fair, they were drinking…thus breaking the team rules (let alone the law), so kids have to know they will be held accountable.

Reactions: EIHCGuy
I think that the suspension would be for a set time frame. If it is late in the season it could equate to ending their season. It’s a tough pill especially if it’s a senior.

Also as I think was mentioned earlier I don't get Ottumwa not being in the Southeastern Iowa Conference, that would leave the 5 DSM schools, not really sure what to do with them.

Lot of discussion on another board that the City High vs. Liberty game got pretty chippy. Between fans, coaches, players...and even the Liberty PA announcer taking shots at kids.
Anyone go to the game with some insight here?
Just out of curiosity, what is the name of the other board? Tried searching but didn't really find anything on my own.

I read what I needed on the City High-Liberty game. Based on thread titles alone, I it won't become a board I frequent, lol

Reactions: Pinehawk
I’m in. Big game in 2.5 weeks. How did ICR look vs Williamsburg?
I don't think we know a lot after one game. Anyone watching or even reading the stats knows that Regina had no passing game. Not sure how much of that might have been Williamsburg pass defense and how much was lacking. I'd like to think we'll know more of that answer from the Williamsburg/Van Meter game, but it doesn't look like Van Meter is likely to air it out very much at all. I think Regina will improve in this respect, especially if/when the QB situation settles. I think Regina's line will make them pretty competitive through they year. We'll see how fast they get the kinks out compared to the other contenders and how much/how fast they continue to improve.

When I look at 1A right now, I can truly see the potential for any of the top 10, maybe a few of the "also getting votes" teams being dome contenders. Truly makes it exciting to anticipate the seeing how they all play this season.

It's true Regina didn't pass much in the Williamsburg game. But, would you believe they actually still out gained division rivals West Branch and Mediapolis through the air? Surprising, but true.

Reactions: rc1963
Sad to say Wapsie Valley is going to struggle this year, hopeful for a win tonight vs Nashua Plainfield but maybe a 3 win season.

Denver did look pretty decent in their win over Wapsie last week. Which, Wapsie did not look good at, but Denver had some sparks - big line, good explosive RB, QB was above average and solid D. They don't really play much until Dike later this season so I can see them being undefeated through week 7.

I'm interested in the Grundy Center / Dike game.
Logan-Magnolia and Woodbury Central will also be interesting

It's true Regina didn't pass much in the Williamsburg game. But, would you believe they actually still out gained division rivals West Branch and Mediapolis through the air? Surprising, but true.
I expect Mepo’s passing to game to improve each game. Lost their QB, 2nd team all-state WR and another WR. Current QB is more of a dual threat and will improve as a passer as the season progresses.

Last week Mepo didn’t need to pass. They’ll need to develop it though to win the district. Looking forward to matchup. I’m guessing special teams will play a huge role.

If you tweet updates tonight, remember to use #iahsfb so everyone can find it

Current QB is more of a dual threat and will improve as a passer as the season progresses.
Well, he cannot get much worse. WB offense is borderline pathetic. Their defense was pretty salty again in week 2 though. My MP Golden Hawks? Now that was a beat down they took. Ugly game.

I expect Mepo’s passing to game to improve each game. Lost their QB, 2nd team all-state WR and another WR. Current QB is more of a dual threat and will improve as a passer as the season progresses.

Last week Mepo didn’t need to pass. They’ll need to develop it though to win the district. Looking forward to matchup. I’m guessing special teams will play a huge role.

It looks like all you’re going to see for game film will be from the first two games. Mid Prairie has canceled Friday. Really hate to lose a game from the schedule, but my understanding is that they are in really bad injury shape and no one likes to see that.

Are the stats correct for the Williamsburg Van Meter game? Wburg had 34 passing yards and -10 rushing?
Just looked and it's about the same 33 passing and -5 rushing now...I guess special teams kept things from getting completely out of hand. 71 kick return yards, and 317 punting (ave almost 40 yds) Scary when punting is your major producer.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT