ADVERTISEMENT

When was the last time…

I flew into and out of it one time. It wasn't as bad as Aspen...which absolutely scared the fvck out of me.

Worst landing I've ever experienced was in Orlando. Just before touchdown, I looked out of my window and I was looking straight down the damn white line of the runway. Crosswinds, so the plane was flying damn near sideways. When the wheels hit, the plane violently kicked to the port side. A woman sitting one row in front of me and on the opposite side of the aisle was holding an infant. The impact caused her to drop the baby into the aisle.

It scared the hell out of us all but the infant appeared to be in better shape than its mother who was obviously distraught.

you wore a face diaper?

Almost every business client I meet with who shows up with the customary muzzle looks at me and I give them the “don’t wear it on my account line”….quickly removes it, smiles and says thank goodness.

In recent weeks, Democrats have been slammed by Republicans for changing masking rules when they believe it politically suites them.

“Sometimes I hear the phrase, the science changed. The science hasn’t changed,” Sen. Tom Cotton (R-AR) mocked Democrats last week. “What’s changed is that there’s an election coming and Democrats have seen the polling on this question.”

Amen Sen. Cotton
I flew to Cancun 1/19/22 and back 1/24/22. Wife and I had to wear masks on the plane and in the airport. I took mine off as soon as they gave us drinks. I kept a small sip in the cup and pointed to it every time the flight attendant came by asking me to put on my mask. “I’m still drinking…”

Haha, I've flown into/out of Charleston a few times. They told me they called it the world's only land-based aircraft carrier.
Don Yenko (you youngsters may not remember the name) and 3 others died at this airport in his Cessna... bounced hard, lost control and went right off the end of the runway.

I flew in & out of here 7 or 8 times and it always creeped me out when taking off and looking down right as the runway ends... you can see the wreckage of a number of planes that they just left in the ravine.

• Wow
Reactions: BamaFan1137
Don Yenko (you youngsters may not remember the name) and 3 others died at this airport in his Cessna... bounced hard, lost control and went right off the end of the runway.

I flew in & out of here 7 or 8 times and it always creeped me out when taking off and looking down right as the runway ends... you can see the wreckage of a number of planes that they just left in the ravine.
Yeah f that.

Never flown into that AP but sounds about as pleasant as the Telluride CO @ 9,000 ft. Flew in there about 30 years ago for a ski trip……it was the first (and worst) of many double black diamonds I tried (for those of you who ski 😉).
60ad660412e8c.image.jpg

God bless that woman. 😂
She was worried to death that I’d get thrown out of the airport/plane. Then, in Cancun, we were at this all inclusive concert thingy “Luke Bryan’s Crash My Playa” with pool concerts by day and beach concerts at night. I’d get so fuct up on free liquor and my vape pen at the day/pool concerts that she would be worried about getting me to eat and sober up before the night concert started. The truth told I didn’t give a shite about any of them - Luke Bryan, Jason Aldeane, Riley (somebody) all equally suct, best I can remember.… But I did want to hear Darius Rucker - got too drunk at the pool party/concert that day and passed out by 6:00pm….: missed Darius. She’s a good’ern!

10924684.jpeg

I told her I was going to eat while she and her friends were in the pool listening to some loud shite. Here she is after finding me at the bar drinking my lunch.

Last edited:
  • Haha

In WV they used to just roll waste down the mountain. I renovated the kitchen in the VA Hospital in Beckley, WV and had a lot of very old equipment that no one wanted. Asked the engineer about a landfill and he pointed at the hill at the hospital and said 'just roll it down" there. Down it went.

• Wow
Never flew into or out of any of these but if any of you have flown out of the old Hong Kong airport you know that you will age a few years in those few minutes . I swore we would not make enough altitude to clear the mountains . Water at the end of runway on this one too . Flew in and out of there a few times and hated each one of them .

Never flew into or out of any of these but if any of you have flown out of the old Hong Kong airport you know that you will age a few years in those few minutes . I swore we would not make enough altitude to clear the mountains . Water at the end of runway on this one too . Flew in and out of there a few times and hated each one of them .

Didn't you have to fly over a few high-rise buildings on the way in as well?

I never flew into or out of there, but I think I've seen it in movies/TV.

Derek, is that the Yenko that took stock Camaros and Novas and made some very high horsepower machines out of them .

Reactions: derek_tiger
Derek, is that the Yenko that took stock Camaros and Novas and made some very high horsepower machines out of them .
You are correct, sir... GM was looking for a 'Carroll Shelby' like Ford had and Don Yenko had the chops to provide a similar type high output / handling name brand.

Seems the most popular were yellow/black but he did a good deal in other bodies (Nova and the Corvair Yenko STINGER as well... a car most people don't know about)...

iu

03-1609168822917@2x.jpg

Port Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas VI, is another airport I hated. Mountain right at the end of the runway. When the plane hits the runway, engines are reversed and the mountain gets closer and closer.

My dumbass partner at that time bid and got a project at the Frenchmen's Reef Holiday Inn. He was flying women in and out for visits and I confiscated his American Express Card. Bought that bastage out on a project In Columbia, SC a year later He had a gal from Mobile up there "finishing sheetrock" and he couldn't stay out of Las Vegas.

I wear one whenever I go out. Of course, I'm barely over 60, chubby, diabetic with congestive heart failure and cardiac regurgitation. I don't mind folks around me not wearing them if they want. I just don't rub elbows with them.

Went to the grocery store yesterday morning and mostly older folks, and store employees, were wearing masks.
Still haven't found cream cheese.

Also went to Walmart looking for one specific item and everyone was wearing them. Maybe the air was polluted. Got in and out post haste. BTW, checked them for cream cheese, no luck.

Think I'll drive up and get 1137's blueberry cream cheese while he's on patrol.
Do you support the House Bill to cap insulin cost? Are you obese?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT