ADVERTISEMENT

What team gets hit hardest by graduation heading into the season?

Carroll Kuemper, without a doubt. Lose Neary (3000+ pass yards, 39 TD's); top rusher Chase Rupiper (1000+ rush yards, 20 TD); their top 5 receivers, including all-state WR/DB Alex Drees (1300+ rec yards, 25 ypc, 21 TD, 11 INT); and their top 9 tacklers on defense. All told, Kuemper loses 9 guys who were named to one of the three INA All-State teams, including 5 first-teamers. I won't be shocked at all if they take a similarly large step back as the baseball program took this summer.

Don't have all the specifics, but I know that Van Meter is losing a ton from a class that was a state semi-finalist in football and baseball.

at least in Class 4A, Ames and Urbandale have lost a lot of starters

Kuemper has to be head and shoulders more than anyone else. West Lyon didn't they lose a lot for seniors as well? I know they return a lot but wasn't a bulk of that team seniors that played last year? On a side note I would have loved to have seen them and IC Regina match up last year. IMO would have been an excellent game.

Originally posted by high90school:

Kuemper has to be head and shoulders more than anyone else. West Lyon didn't they lose a lot for seniors as well? I know they return a lot but wasn't a bulk of that team seniors that played last year? On a side note I would have loved to have seen them and IC Regina match up last year. IMO would have been an excellent game.
West Lyon definitely lost a lot, too. Snyder, Groeneweg, Heyer, and a bunch of other key contributors. They would be second to Kuemper in terms of most talent graduated, but West Lyon also has an excellent track record of plugging new guys in. So I don't think they'll feel the absence of that senior class as much as Kuemper will.

St Albert lost 21 seniors and only has 17 players out for football this season in grades 10-12

In 1A, Wilton and Van Meter will take significant hits.

WILTON lost a 2000+ yard passer, a 1500+ yard rushing, and its 2 main WR. Additionally, it lost an all-state OL/DL to transfer.

VAN METER lost Brandon Brittian. Enough said.

Definitely not one of the big dogs but I had to throw it out there because I can't remember another team ever taking this bigof a hit in pproduction

TIPTON

What they return
OFFENSE - 8% of total offensive yards (260 yds by one RB coming back)
DEFENSE- 14% of total tackles (highest returners had 43 and 19)
RETURN YARDS - 6.5% (one kid with 3 KO returns)

Plus they lose their kicker and punter.

I'll be shocked if anybody finds another team that loses more.

Cedar Rapids Xavier loses all but one player on defense, their kicker (FG, KO, PT) and returns two offensive lineman and a fullback on offense. And moves into the jaws of 3A!

And there overall numbers for varsity might slip under 80! With Dowling, Assumption and Regina on the schedule look for the Saints to have to climb a mount to....RELOAD! :)

harlan gets hit hard by graduation heading into the season. the cyclones finished 10-2 overall last season, won district 1 , 6-0, advanced to the quarter finals of the playoffs. they will return 3 starters on offense and 4 on defense.

the cyclones will be filling holes from 90 participants this year from grades 9-12

This post was edited on 8/9 5:39 AM by ronsss

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT