ADVERTISEMENT

What is going on with Saban ?

hokiemokie

Freshman
Dec 31, 2009
Never thought I would see such a disasterous group called a football team under Saban's guidance. Surely there is a better qb attending some class on campus .Saban phone ought to be burning up with transfer portal offers from some pretty good qbs. Saban ought to give the band director a shot at OC. Can't be any worse that what's there. The fire Saban once had looks like maybe a flickering pilot light now. I wouldn't be alarmed to hear of him retiring in the next year or two.

Handful of bad hires in a row, combined with no good QB is a bad recipe.

Thanks to that barn burner , I was able to bank 1k by taking the under.
Yeah, it was probably the safest bet of the day. Although you still would have covered the under if the knuckleheads would have let the return six stand.

Odub, UT kicked our ass in the 1st half and your OL was pushing our DL around. It felt like UT expected to win and that's quite the change in this rivalry over the last two years.

Here's hoping that Bobby Hill gets his dream job in the NFL in 2024.

Odub, UT kicked our ass in the 1st half and your OL was pushing our DL around. It felt like UT expected to win and that's quite the change in this rivalry over the last two years.

Here's hoping that Bobby Hill gets his dream job in the NFL in 2024.

Would Bobby Hill = Chumlee Heupel

images

• Haha
Reactions: BamaFan1137
Yeah, it was probably the safest bet of the day. Although you still would have covered the under if the knuckleheads would have let the return six stand.
Yeah, that call was pretty crappy. I did t think that was a fair catch signal. He never waived his hand above his head. Motioned for everyone to get away. Additionally, if he did call for a fair catch and returned it, it should have been a delay of game penalty, which I do t believe was called during all of that chaos

Reactions: Reasoned
Yeah, that call was pretty crappy. I did t think that was a fair catch signal. He never waived his hand above his head. Motioned for everyone to get away. Additionally, if he did call for a fair catch and returned it, it should have been a delay of game penalty, which I do t believe was called during all of that chaos

I didn't really understand the fair catch call in the Bama UT game.

I didn't really understand the fair catch call in the Bama UT game.
I believe they were saying the other returner made a waving motion (albeit minor), which rendered the play dead, similar to the Iowa game (explained below):
"The receiver makes a pointing gesture with his right hand and he makes multiple wave gestures with his left hand," referee Tim O'Dey told a pool reporter. "That waving motion of the left hand constitutes an invalid fair catch signal, so then when the receiving team recovers the ball, by rule, it becomes dead. That is a reviewable element of the game. We let the play run out, and then we went to review. Review shows with indisputable video evidence that there is a waving motion with the left hand.

"That's when these rules are applied."

O'Dey said that while returners are allowed to point toward the ball, "any waving motion" renders the play dead. O'Dey consulted with the on-site replay official and collaborative replay, used by power conferences and headquartered in Pittsburgh, to make the ruling.

Last edited:
Reactions: BamaFan1137
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT