ADVERTISEMENT

Western Christian

mtdew_fever

All District
Jul 14, 2004
I caught part of it, but what happened to Western Christian's baseball team? Just no one go out for the sport this summer?

Apparently 12 seniors who formerly played baseball all decided not to go out this year. Junior class has 0 baseball players & sophomore class just 1 or 2. So, they're just doing underclass baseball (JV?) and have no varsity team.

Apparently 12 seniors who formerly played baseball all decided not to go out this year. Junior class has 0 baseball players & sophomore class just 1 or 2. So, they're just doing underclass baseball (JV?) and have no varsity team.
Pretty much correct, several seniors would have played if they had better numbers.

Playing in the finals for both FB & BB extended both those seasons.
This Sr class has done the heavy lifting for participation since their soph year & are playing FB/BB in college & I think they were finally ready to concentrate on those & some were wanting to work.

Still odd to see in 2A.

Last edited:
So the conference is letting them play only a jv schedule? I'd say sorry guys... you've been 50 pointing us in bball for years, we're gonna send you home in 3 every night this summer. Good luck building your program then.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT