Thoughts?

What about 1-A, 2-A, 4-A?

1A
1. Gladbrook-Reinbeck
2. North Linn
3. Ar-We-Va
4. St. Albert
5. Jesup
Others - Montezuma, AGWSR, George Little Rock, Lake Mills, Logan Magnolia, Lone Tree

I don't know how things will look this year in 4A...

The MAC has been shaken up quite a bit.
PV lost Carius, Czarnecki, and Milam. Central loses Summrage and Rummels.
North Scott and Bettendorf young teams are now old and experienced.
Central and North return very athletic teams with youthful experience.
Muscatine gets a new staff and Wieskamp is a Junior now.
Burlington has a new staff and they are limited on talent but Hoambrecker is talented.
Clinton loses Howard and Pennock. They will be smaller and quicker this year.
West will have Clay and Erwin as Juniors. Need someone else to step up.
Assumption loses Strudevant, Robbins, and Smith-Larsson but they return an abundance of talent from the Junior and Sophomore classes. As well as some solid leadership from the Seniors.

The big impacts this year that will make it interesting...
Max Taylor going to Davenport North. They will have a formidable squad with two guys over 7'0 wing span in Atticus Taylor and Jared Beck. VJ Wilmington and Max Taylor at two guard positions.

TreyShawn LeBeaux from Cedar Falls to Pleasant Valley. This hurts Cedar Falls more than it helps PV in my opinion. Pleasant Valley lost a lot of size from last season. This will help fill some of the void, but they still need to find a consistent ball handler. They will have a solid group but some needs to set up and handle the defensive pressure for them. Without the size from last season it will be interesting to see if they speed the game up some.

Darius Martin leaves Bettendorf. Most probably don't know the name because he didn't get much of a look at Bettendorf. He decided to transfer out but did it to late and would have sat out until after Christmas. Thus, he has opted for an alternative school for his senior season. He would have made a nice piece for any school. Long and athletic and ability to go inside or out.

In all I think the MAC is looking at a 5-6 team race. Until LeBeaux became a factor at PV I would say this was a 5 team race.

Bettendorf/North Scott/Muscatine
North/Central/PV
Assumption/Clinton
Burlington/West

Assumption may not have the best record but expect them to be competitive in 3A. With Fitzpatrick, Peeters, Valainis, Wallace, Grenier, Thrapp, Fennelly, Wahl, and more talented sophomores(Dugan, Goodall, Bassier among others). They will be a very fundamentally sound, smart, and possession oriented basketball team. Size/post depth is the area of weakness.

FWIW - Robbins is a senior this year at Assumption (he didn't graduate as stated above) - he has also grown considerably taller than last year.

Reactions: White Mamba Jr.
Lone Tree has literally everyone back from last season's 18-6 district runner-up. It would be unwise to overlook them in 1A.

I wouldn't over look Murray this year in 1A.. I know there from the bluegrass but wouldn't surprise me if they made a run. I have a feeling there gonna be freaky good with there length and speed and ability to make shots! They return everyone that started a season ago when they went 17-6!

Lone Tree has literally everyone back from last season's 18-6 district runner-up. It would be unwise to overlook them in 1A.
Lone tree should be very good. Strong inside and out! Everyone back as you said. Barring any injuries I think a trip to the Well is not out of the question.

Lone Tree is No. 2 to start the year, IMO. Gladbrook-Reinbeck No. 1 solely because of Smoldt. 1A doesn't have a clear cut favorite, so give the nod to by far the best player.

Lone Tree is No. 2 to start the year, IMO. Gladbrook-Reinbeck No. 1 solely because of Smoldt. 1A doesn't have a clear cut favorite, so give the nod to by far the best player.
Will Smoldt be able to carry them by himself? I don't know enough about the rest of the team to make a judgement. I would agree he is probably the best in 1A.

Will Smoldt be able to carry them by himself? I don't know enough about the rest of the team to make a judgement. I would agree he is probably the best in 1A.
GR will be brining back a few starters from last year. They should be difficult to match up with height wise. Not sure if the center from last year will play at all. He is out at least until December with an injury. If he does they will have 3 players at 6'4 or above. Dinsdale's lock down defense at PG will be the hardest to replace. Im sure Thede will step in and play that roll nicely and also bring a little more offense to the table.

Who's Grandview Park Baptist? Didn't that school close down?

They reconfigured to Grandview Christian, I think it was basically prompted and led by a bunch of the parents. They moved into the old Norwoodville Elementary that used to be part of the Saydel District.

They reconfigured to Grandview Christian, I think it was basically prompted and led by a bunch of the parents. They moved into the old Norwoodville Elementary that used to be part of the Saydel District.
Oh, is that the team I heard is bringing in several new players even a 6-7 or 8 foreign student? And last year, got a SE Polk PG?

Oh, is that the team I heard is bringing in several new players even a 6-7 or 8 foreign student? And last year, got a SE Polk PG?

The two that I know of are Augustine Saliu, who is 6'8ish and Mach Nyaw, who is a 5'9-5'10 Guard. I'd think their starting lineup would be DeMuelenaere, Stephen Glenn, Sam Glenn, Montes and Long, with those two being first off the bench (assuming both are eligible, which I don't know their status). They'll be really good again.

I don't know about a SEP PG, I'm pretty sure Nyaw is from Storm Lake, though.

3A: I know Pella will be solid in 3A. I have heard Xavier is good this year as well.

What about the top 5 for 2A? I've heard Camanche should be very good this year.

Mt Pleasant should be a good 3A team ... Entire roster returns plus a possible 6-7 foreign exchange player who reportedly pretty good.

Oskaloosa has a 6'9 Freshman with offers from Iowa and Iowa State already. Xavier Foster. They should be a solid team with him alone.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT