ADVERTISEMENT

Well crap...

dhetiger

All District
Jun 21, 2001
My son was playing in a high school soccer game Tuesday night and collided, head to head, with another player. Diagnosed with a concussion today and will miss the rest of the season. Several colleges are looking at him, so I hope this doesn't hurt his chances.

My son was playing in a high school soccer game Tuesday night and collided, head to head, with another player. Diagnosed with a concussion today and will miss the rest of the season. Several colleges are looking at him, so I hope this doesn't hurt his chances.
How can they determine he’s done for the year? Concussions are typically patient specific.

Anyway, sorry dude. And sorry for your son. After my junior year of high school, it was basically a given that I’d get drafted the next year. Tommy John surgery two months later changed my plans. Sucks largely, but he will bounce back.

How can they determine he’s done for the year? Concussions are typically patient specific.

Anyway, sorry dude. And sorry for your son. After my junior year of high school, it was basically a given that I’d get drafted the next year. Tommy John surgery two months later changed my plans. Sucks largely, but he will bounce back.

There's only 2 weeks left in this particular season, and back to play protocol is such that the earliest he could be back is in 9 days from tomorrow. And that's only if he's 100% symptom free tomorrow. Club season starts in a month, so I'm hopeful for that.

There's only 2 weeks left in this particular season, and back to play protocol is such that the earliest he could be back is in 9 days from tomorrow. And that's only if he's 100% symptom free tomorrow. Club season starts in a month, so I'm hopeful for that.
Yeah sorry to hear about your son but it’s not unusual for the best swimmers and especially soccer players to skip HS season and focus on club, it can be more competitive with better exposure.

Best wishes with you.

Last edited:
Hope your son recovers quickly and has good luck with his college prospects.

Hate to hear it. Hopefully he recovers well most importantly, but also hope it doesn’t hinder his ability to play at next level.

Reactions: dhetiger
Soccer = communism...but I hope he kicks ass and earns a scholarship anyway.

Seriously, hope he recovers quickly. I'm sure that scared the hell out of you but unlike us old folks, he'll bounce back quickly.

Reactions: dhetiger
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT