ADVERTISEMENT

Week Two Football Quote Board

LukeFeddersen

Jun 14, 2001
What are elite football players saying about their opponent this weekend on the field? Find out now!

Player: Cedar Rapids Washington quarterback Bryan Kunde

Opponent: Cedar Rapids Kennedy

On areas to improve on: "Our main focus is our no huddle and getting the play calls in better. We had problems with our communication. On defense, we have to make tackles. We also need to make sure we are hitting the holes hard when running."

On Kennedy: "I believe it'll be a great game. Last year, they beat us twice so we would love to pay them back this year. They have some very talented players with Nick Duehr, Sam Pape, and Jackson Coker. We’ll be excited to play them coming up.”

On the rivalry: “It adds a lot to the game. It is nice to have friends on the other team that you want to beat. That and the huge crowd makes it more exciting.”

Player: West Des Moines Valley wide receiver Austin Hinkle

Opponent: Waukee

On Waukee: "Obviously we know a little bit about them playing them freshmen and sophomore years. It is always a challenge against them. We have to give them our best shot. I think they will do that with us."

On the Waukee players: "I know their quarterback, Drew Johnson, is a great basketball player and a good athlete. We'll have to keep on him. (Jacob) Wiggins is a great athlete on defense that we will have to key on."

Player: Sergeant Bluff-Luton offensive lineman Jackson Wright

Opponent: Sioux City East

On areas to improve: “I’d say probably just attention to detail. We have to be able to respond and be physical. It is just doing what we can to the best of our abilities.”

On Sioux City East: “They are always pretty good. They are in 4A so they’ll have some athletes. Their running back, Taylon Flemister, will be our focus. He’ll be a guy we have to focus on because he is good.”

Player: Washington offensive lineman Mark Engelken

Opponent: Mid-Prairie

On areas of improvement: “We had a lot of penalties. We can improve on being more focused on that.”

On Mid-Prairie: “They will be a tough opponent. They have Levi Duwa. They are well coached and we’ll have to be ready for that one. We need a good week of practice.”

On keys to a victory: “It is staying healthy and just going throughout the week being ready to execute. We have to continue to play well.”

Player: West Burlington athlete Isaiah Trousil

Opponent: Mid-Prairie

On West Brach: “I think it’ll be more of a passing game than running because their run defense has been really good the last few years. We are going to start watching film.”

On keys to a victory: “It is whoever really wants it more. It is going to be an all-out war throughout the whole game.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News