3. Bellevue
4. West Sioux
5. South Central Calhoun
6. West Branch
7. Pella Christian
8. I-35, Truro
9. Wilton
10. Mediapolis

Others receiving votes: West Lyon, Regina Iowa City, Treynor, Osage, South Hamilton, Sumner-Fredericksburg, Mount Ayr

As week 9 is just around the corner, there were no changes among the top 10 at all after that last week's games. I have considered switching Bellevue and West Sioux, because Clausen for Bellevue is dealing with a high ankle sprain, and I'm not sure how long he will be sidelined. They had two easy opponents the last two weeks which has afforded him a chance to rest. My guess is that he goes Friday when they play Cascade, but not sure how healthy he is. Maybe someone can provide a little intel on the situation. Sumer-Fredericksburg suffered a huge loss against AP, and they will be hanging on by a thread when it comes to the latest RPI rankings, as Underwood is going to be right on their heels going into the final week. Cascade still has a chance to a district tie and will hope to get in on RPI, but I don't see them getting by Bellevue, but that does depend a bit on Clausen's status. Should be a great final week to end the regular season.

Reactions: Iabeastmode
Van Meter has a good chance of winning it all again this year, and if not this year I'm sure they'll be back again next year. They have a great quarterback/running back combo who are both juniors Depth, depth, depth. Mt. Ayr held them to 14-0 until about 3 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter but ultimately Van Meter started to press their will. QB and RB only appeared to play one way, maybe they were in on defense but didn't notice it anyways. Tons of kids on their sideline. Just wore Mt Ayr down eventually. Great game to watch tho. Fun fact Mt Ayr beat Van Meter's now junior class their freshman year in a freshman game.

Reactions: Charles86
Van Meter has a good chance of winning it all again this year, and if not this year I'm sure they'll be back again next year. They have a great quarterback/running back combo who are both juniors Depth, depth, depth. Mt. Ayr held them to 14-0 until about 3 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter but ultimately Van Meter started to press their will. QB and RB only appeared to play one way, maybe they were in on defense but didn't notice it anyways. Tons of kids on their sideline. Just wore Mt Ayr down eventually. Great game to watch tho. Fun fact Mt Ayr beat Van Meter's now junior class their freshman year in a freshman game.

I did see their qb and rb were juniors, so they will have that luxury another year. I'm sure they learned a lot on the road to the title last year even if they didn't play much and they have evolved into what they have done so far this season. They seem like they are both very good athletes, and will be a tough combo to stop come playoff time.

They just wear you down being a 1A team and that depth. I'm sure the same could be said for other teams.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT