ADVERTISEMENT

Week 9 Scores

Mediapolis @ Pella Christian. Nice, cool, calm clear night. Going to get chilly. Field though it’s turf is a little wet from rain earlier.

Mepo three and out. Mepo forces PC to punt but muffs it at 14. PC scores a couple plays later. 14-0 PC 4 min left first quarter.

West Liberty jumped out to a 10-0 lead at Waukon... two long touchdown drives put Waukon in front 15 to 10, but West Liberty scores a 75-yard touchdown to start 3rd quarter.

West Libery 17, Waukon 15 - early 3rd quarter and Waukon has at least four turnovers, three on fumbles

Reactions: Pinehawk
Mepo shoots themselves in the foot. 2 holding calls including when picking up 3rd and 17 then throws interception inside own 10.

Monticello vs. Union about as good as expected. Back-and-forth in first half, and now Monticello up 34 to 27, late 3rd quarter.

Waukon gets two touchdowns and a safety and appears to have game in control, up 31 to 17 over West Liberty, 4th quarter

Monticello extends lead, 41 to 27 over Union, mid-4th

Camanche extends lead, 35 to 20 over Wahlert, mid-4th

Norwalk 0 BONDURANT FARRAR 23 End of the 3Q starting QB for Norwalk goes down In the 1st half haven't returned Carson was the backup came in then went down right at the end. Pieceson is Norwalk QB now Carlson back at Wide receiver.

Waukon won 38-24 over West Liberty. 6 TO for Waukon. What is the winning percentage with that many TO's? Wasn't as close as the score, but W. Liberty came to play.

So was PC that good or did Mepo have a bad game?
Both. PC was the better team, but Mepo had a few mistakes; muffed punt inside own 15, penalties, fumble, interception etc. PC is more consistent and they’re up/downs don’t swing as wildly as Mepo’s. They are a bit reliant on just the QB, good runner and passer.

Reactions: Pinehawk
Alot of rolling clocks tonite! 32 teams way to many! Should be 24 or 16. Bad call on IHSAA.

While I agree 24 teams is about the ideal number for playoffs, the IHSAA has made it clear they will never go to a playoff setup that includes byes.

Also, it was the coaches, not the IHSAA, that pushed for more playoff teams. The association is just trying to accommodate the wishes of the coaches in classes 2A and below.

(Also the IHSAA doesn’t really care if there are a lot of blowouts in the round of 32; the coaches who made the playoffs are happy and the ticket money all goes to Boone regardless.)

Look at alot of catholic schools that used to be really good. St. edmond,St. Albert, Heelan. Times have changed. Enrollment also a concern, Garrigan & St. eds now playing *- man
Open enrollment. Why buy something when you can get it for free?

I can still remember the year Manson NWW put up recruitment billboards in the city of Fort Dodge.

Last edited:

I can stll remember the year Manson NWW put up recruitment billboards in the city of Fort Dodge.

While I agree 24 teams is about the ideal number for playoffs, the IHSAA has made it clear they will never go to a playoff setup that includes byes.

Also, it was the coaches, not the IHSAA, that pushed for more playoff teams. The association is just trying to accommodate the wishes of the coaches in classes 2A and below.

(Also the IHSAA doesn’t really care if there are a lot of blowouts in the round of 32; the coaches who made the playoffs are happy and the ticket money all goes to Boone regardless.)
Always the allmighty $ . Hope this weeks games are better. Wouldnt be surprised if spirit lake made the dome! I would love to see that rematch between SEV & spirit lake but tough games ahead for both teams!

Reactions: ghost80

I can stll remember the year Manson NWW put up recruitment billboards in the city of Fort Dodge.

I have read that before….. there were several on these boards that had different opinions.

Always the allmighty $ . Hope this weeks games are better. Wouldnt be surprised if spirit lake made the dome! I would love to see that rematch between SEV & spirit lake but tough games ahead for both teams!
I'd like to see a match between the teacher and the students...but OABCIG might have something to say about that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT