ADVERTISEMENT

Week 7 Scores

6-0 Durant after first quarter. Mepo got a TD pass called back for offensive interference, need to review that one. Turnover on downs, force three and out, but fumble punt. Durant ball at Mepo 37 to start second quarter.

Mepo stops Delong fake punt run. Takes over at midfield. Penalties again. Then refs miss pass interference on Durant on 4th down. Turnover on downs at midfield, now unsportsmanlike on Mepo. Halfback pass to 8, TD Delong.

12-0 Durant over Mepo at half.

9:31 to go in the game, with some reserves in for HCHS
ADM - 23
HCHS - 44

I've never seen such wild and weird officiating by such a seemingly confused group of officials

ADM does an onside kick on the kickoff and Conner Frame picks it up and runs it back for a TD.
9:28 to go in the game
ADM - 23
HCHS - 51

Now the officials called illegal procedure *and* holding on ADM and moved the ball from the 20 to the 3 yard line, and HCHS took the QB down on the 2 yard line

After some questionable officiating - holy cow - ADM 23
HCHS 58, with 4:19 to play and continuous clock

Mepo loses 18-7. Three way tie for 3rd in the district good possibility with all beating each other.
Thanks. It’s district if it happens as L&M didn’t play last week and aren’t playing this week. Don’t know yet about next week. Just wondering in case games don’t go as you think they would (tie breaker).

And that's why it was important to know that the +/-17 is still a thing.

Durant 2-2, +12 (at Regina)
Wilton 2-2, -15 (at West Branch)
Mepo 1-3, -14 (at L-M, so assume +17 there and a finish of 2-3, +3)

Regina dominates West Branch and comes away with a 26-8 win.
First play of the game, a bad snap results in a safety for WB.
Regals then answer with a score running it right down the field.
After a stop, the Regals get the ball back, and fumble a pass reception at their own 5, which WB scoops up and runs in for a TD.
Those would be the last points for WB, as the Regals answered with a beautiful 50 yard TD pass. And, then spent the remainder of the game stuffing the WB running attack. Regals cruise in the 2nd half, tacking on another score as the Regal defense shines again, not allowing any offensive points to be scored by WB.
Regina holds Henson to just 32 yards rushing on 15 carries.
Regals win the District and move to 7-0.

Last edited:
Regina dominates West Branch and comes away with a 26-8 win.
First play of the game, a bad snap results in a safety for WB.
Regals then answer with a score running it right down the field.
After a stop, the Regals get the ball back, and fumble a pass reception at their own 5, which WB scoops up and runs in for a TD.
Those would be the last points for WB, as the Regals answered with a beautiful 50 yard TD pass. And, then spent the remainder of the game stuffing the WB running attack. Regals cruise in the 2nd half, tacking on another score as the Regal defense shines again, not allowing any offensive points to be scored by WB.
Regina holds Henson to just 32 yards rushing on 15 carries.
Regals win the District and move to 7-0.

I didn’t see the block in the back that brought the long WB touchdown back. Went from TD to ball on their own 5 yard line due to the multiple penalties on the play. Was the unsportsmanlike call on a player or the sideline?

Watched the WB/Regina game on 9.2, very wet field.

Safety? The ball was still loose on the ground when the whistle was blown. And was recovered by the Bears in the endzone. That was a WB TD.

Block in Back shows #50 WB with arms extended but the Regina player slipped before contact was made. Should've been a WB TD. But I can see where the official can make a mistake there.

Regina was the better team. WB could do nothing. Probably had 120 yards or less of offense. Regals aren't as good as other teams theyve had in recent history (WB is way down as well). If they have to face a Beckman who I've seen 3x it could be a tough night. Van Meter will roll them all anyway.

I didn’t see the block in the back that brought the long WB touchdown back. Went from TD to ball on their own 5 yard line due to the multiple penalties on the play. Was the unsportsmanlike call on a player or the sideline?
The unsportsmanlike seemed to be a reaction to the block on the back.

OABCIG 22-21. Looks like the Mighty Midgets came up a little short.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: IGo42

Safety? The ball was still loose on the ground when the whistle was blown. And was recovered by the Bears in the endzone. That was a WB TD.

Block in Back shows #50 WB with arms extended but the Regina player slipped before contact was made. Should've been a WB TD. But I can see where the official can make a mistake there.

Regina was the better team. WB could do nothing. Probably had 120 yards or less of offense. Regals aren't as good as other teams theyve had in recent history (WB is way down as well). If they have to face a Beckman who I've seen 3x it could be a tough night. Van Meter will roll them all anyway.
I think it will be a 2 team race, VM and Underwood. Don't know how they will seed them but those are the 2 to beat.

Brutally costly win 42-28 win for Cedar Falls over Hempstead last night. A week after losing starting QB Hunter Jacobson to a torn ACL, backup QB Gavin Steege was tearing it up, going 9-11 for 146 yards and 3 TD's. Then the middle of the third quarter struck again, and Steege went down in another gruesome injury, which he almost certainly broke his leg. DE Drew Campbell also went down for CF. I just feel terrible for those two QB's that are now done for the year, and hope they fully recover. No doubt CF has really been snake bitten at QB this year.

Last edited:
The unsportsmanlike seemed to be a reaction to the block on the back.

yep. The unsportsmanlike penalty was on Butch.
The difference was the Regina defense. Henson was held to 32 yards rushing. Daniel had 182 yards rushing.

Looked like West branch may have had a significant injury at near the end of the game as well.

Well, we'll never know about the safety vs touchdown. The whistle was blown...I agree it shouldn't have been, but it was.

Agree there are going to be some really tough quarterfinals around the east half of the state and Van Meter does look far and away the best team. Not sure what anyone can do to keep in a fight with them....

I think it will be a 2 team race, VM and Underwood. Don't know how they will seed them but those are the 2 to beat.
I don't think we're going to see Underwood in the Dome. Yes, they put up a lot of points, and I can't prove my point, just don't think they're going to pull that off - call it a hunch, (getting ready to eat my words)

Hasn't Underwood only beaten one 1A team with a winning record? They are putting up big scores, but I'm not sure if they have been tested by a good team yet.

Hasn't Underwood only beaten one 1A team with a winning record? They are putting up big scores, but I'm not sure if they have been tested by a good team yet.
What are they supposed to do when the district is poor. You play who is in front of you. Look at their line. They have some big boys. It all starts with the line unless you are OABCIG last year. That is why VM is so tough every year. If districts do pair up. I do not think the state will want 2 of the highest rated teams going against each other before the dome. So it will be 1 vs. 8, 2 vs. 7, 3 vs. 4 and 5 vs. 6. I am not sure how they are going to do the seeding but if it is that ay I would guess that is the parings. Top 4 would be able to get to the dome whether they do or not.

I’m saying we don’t really know how good they are yet. Certainly wouldn’t assume they are #2 if they haven’t played anyone close to being ranked.

I’m saying we don’t really know how good they are yet. Certainly wouldn’t assume they are #2 if they haven’t played anyone close to being ranked.
It’ll all get worked out if they make the quarterfinals and the remaining teams are seeded by the remaining coaches.

What are they supposed to do when the district is poor. You play who is in front of you. Look at their line. They have some big boys. It all starts with the line unless you are OABCIG last year. That is why VM is so tough every year. If districts do pair up. I do not think the state will want 2 of the highest rated teams going against each other before the dome. So it will be 1 vs. 8, 2 vs. 7, 3 vs. 4 and 5 vs. 6. I am not sure how they are going to do the seeding but if it is that ay I would guess that is the parings. Top 4 would be able to get to the dome whether they do or not.

Big lines can be very beneficial. But size isn’t the be all end all. Will be fun to watch it all play out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT