ADVERTISEMENT

Week 7 Matchups

ISUChip

All American
May 29, 2001
Again, just some notables IMO...

Class 5A
Southeast Polk (5-1) at CR Prairie (5-1)

Class 4A
D1 - Webster City (4-2, 2-0) at Spencer (5-1, 2-0)
D4 - Clear Creek-Amana (5-1, 2-0) at Xavier (5-1, 2-0)

Class 3A
D1 - Boyden-Hull/RV (6-0, 2-0) at Sgt. Bluff-Luton (5-1, 2-0)
D2 - Algona (5-1, 2-0) at Nevada (6-0, 2-0)
D4 - Assumption (4-2, 2-0) at Benton (5-1, 2-0)
D5 - Fairfield (5-1, 2-0) at Solon (6-0, 2-0)
D6 - Harlan (6-0, 2-0) at ADM (5-1, 2-0)

Class 2A
D2 - Estherville-LC (4-2, 2-1) at OABCIG (5-1, 2-1)
D6 - Williamsburg (3-3, 3-0) at Davis County (4-2, 3-0)

Class 1A
D2 - South Central Calhoun (5-1, 3-0) at Woodward-Granger (5-1, 3-0)
D3 - Dike-New Hartford (6-0, 3-0) at Denver (6-0, 3-0)
D5 - West Branch (5-1, 3-0) at Regina (6-0, 3-0)
D6 - Pella Christian (5-1, 2-1) at Cardinal (5-1, 2-1)

Class A
D3 - Wapsie Valley (4-2, 3-1) at North Tama (6-0, 4-0)
D5 - Alburnett (3-3, 3-1) at Wapello (4-2, 3-1)
D6 - Ogden (4-2, 3-2) at Lynnville-Sully (5-1, 4-0)
D7 - Earlham (4-2, 3-1) at Mount Ayr (4-2, 3-1)
D7 - Southwest Valley (5-1, 4-0) at Riverside (5-1, 3-1)

8-Man
D4 - Don Bosco (4-2, 4-0) at Gladbrook-Reinbeck (6-0, 4-0)
D7 - Montezuma (7-0, 4-0) at Baxter (6-0, 4-0)
Non-Dist - Lenox (6-0) at Martensdale-St. Marys (5-1)

2A2 above game this week should determine 2nd place in the district. Should be a good matchup.

adm should provide harlan a bit more difficulty that the 2 previous foes, saydel and atlantic, though i dont see the score close at all...42-7 harlan

bdhr vs sergent bluff, interesting matchup ...though bdhr will be the favorite in that one

Reactions: MsideChief
Mean while. the Saydel cross country team had gone out for its usual 2.5 hour, 17 mile midweek short training run. When asked, Saydel CC Senior Steve Smith said, "Yes, most of us guys were annoyed as usually we need to put in an actual run midweek. But coach is getting soft and this is homecoming this week."

We will find out if North Tama is the real deal the next two weeks as they play both Wapsie and Grundy Center. I think it is a tossup up this week but I dont think they compete with Grundy.

I think that North Tama is better than Wapsie by about 2 touchdowns but I agree Grundy should handle them.

Mean while. the Saydel cross country team had gone out for its usual 2.5 hour, 17 mile midweek short training run. When asked, Saydel CC Senior Steve Smith said, "Yes, most of us guys were annoyed as usually we need to put in an actual run midweek. But coach is getting soft and this is homecoming this week."
Saydel and Perry should be allowed to schedule each other twice a season......for each others homecoming. Guaranteed at least one of them will have a win for the season, PLUS win their homecoming. Could even be a win for both of them.

The problem is most schools have covid running thru them as I know some that were very low on faculty and hard time finding subs. Most of these kids if they are athletes don't go get tested because they know if they do and its positive they are out minimum of 10 days but if they just stay home and after a few days feel better they come back to school even if they may or may not be contagious. The state is making it very tough on teams that forfeit because of covid as you give up any post season opportunities as well as a home game the next year so I don't think schools are just forfeiting not to play because they know they cant compete. Im just really surprised we havent seen more of it this fall.

West High didn't need to cancel. There are 100 kids on that team. You find a way to play the game with the best healthy kids you've got available. You owe it to those kids, and to the kids from Bettendorf who get a game taken away from them through no fault of their own.

West High didn't need to cancel. There are 100 kids on that team. You find a way to play the game with the best healthy kids you've got available. You owe it to those kids, and to the kids from Bettendorf who get a game taken away from them through no fault of their own.
All true but for Bett at 2-4 (now 3-4), a win (no matter how they get it) keeps their PO hopes alive……albeit on life support.

The problem is most schools have covid running thru them as I know some that were very low on faculty and hard time finding subs. Most of these kids if they are athletes don't go get tested because they know if they do and its positive they are out minimum of 10 days but if they just stay home and after a few days feel better they come back to school even if they may or may not be contagious. The state is making it very tough on teams that forfeit because of covid as you give up any post season opportunities as well as a home game the next year so I don't think schools are just forfeiting not to play because they know they cant compete. Im just really surprised we havent seen more of it this fall.
They only lose a home the following year if it’s in the 2 year cycle and their forfeit cost their opponent a home game.

Correct.

Or don't make a big deal about it. In reality it does not affect kids much at all. Get over all the politics and your soap box Iron doc and just let them play the game.
Kids have family members/friends that are immunocomprimised/unwell/elderly. Get the shot for their sake if nothing else. In addition, less immunization = keeping the Plague going.

It's funny how the "my body, my choice" folks now want everyone to get a shot because it can help save other people.

Getting vaccinated isn’t political. Public health measures aren’t political.

It’s not the people urging others to get vaccinated to protect the health of everyone in our society who have made it political. When you respond to someone who says “More people need to get vaccinated” by saying “Take your political talk somewhere else!” you are the one making it political.

Getting vaccinated isn’t political. Public health measures aren’t political.

It’s not the people urging others to get vaccinated to protect the health of everyone in our society who have made it political. When you respond to someone who says “More people need to get vaccinated” by saying “Take your political talk somewhere else!” you are the one making it political.
I guess you are as stupid as Iron Doc. Any time it is brought up on a FOOTBALL website you are bringing an undue conversation into the picture. Let's talk football. Otherwise go to another website to discuss anything outside of the football discussion. Goodbye.

Reactions: EIHCGuy
I’ll say one more thing about it.

FOOTBALL games are being canceled because of a disease that could have been brought under control by now with higher vaccination rates. If that’s not a FOOTBALL discussion, well, I don’t know what to tell you.

When FOOTBALL teams are forfeiting because kids have COVID, it seems to me that makes COVID a valid topic of discussion in FOOTBALL forums. But I guess I’m just “stupid.”

No one was making this “political” except you.

I’ll say one more thing about it.

FOOTBALL games are being canceled because of a disease that could have been brought under control by now with higher vaccination rates. If that’s not a FOOTBALL discussion, well, I don’t know what to tell you.

When FOOTBALL teams are forfeiting because kids have COVID, it seems to me that makes COVID a valid topic of discussion in FOOTBALL forums. But I guess I’m just “stupid.”

No one was making this “political” except you.
How many games have been cancelled in 2021 directly due to Covid-19? The point is we need to learn to live with it as it’s not going away even with full 100% vaccination.

I'll just say here, that one of the things I really missed from last year, is the kids getting to line up and shake hands after the game. I understand that it was an easy thing to drop last year (even if it didn't make much sense, you can't shake hands after tackling each other all game?).

But, I'm happy to see those kids and coaches get a chance to do that once again, and show some good sportsmanship and respect to each other after hard fought games.

Yeah, suck it up buttercup and better learn to live with this Chinese released virus because it’s here to stay. And stop mandating people to get a vaccine they don’t want, their body, their choice….now back to FB.

Reactions: Prancing Ponies
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT