ADVERTISEMENT

Week 1 Cedar Rapids Metro Predictions

loco60

Freshman
Sep 15, 2010
4A CRJ vs CRW - The W stands for Wallop. CRJ has a new QB from Indiana. Gets hit so hard he says "Hoosier was that"! That is the tradition of CRJ QB's, excepting Lawrence, of course. Washington displays some blazing speed and scores from many spots on the field. CRJ tries to get the mojo going but best outcome is no injuries. Look for 4+ TD Warrior win.

4A CRK vs ICW - The slow-starting Cougars no more! Kennedy comes out of the gate with strong offense and plays "keep away" from a quickly developing ICW, leaving people to wonder what will happen if they meet later in the year. Kennedy by a TD or 6 points.

4A LM v CRP - Prairie starts evenly and LM starts very slowly. LM speed keeps them in the mix in a toss up game. Prairie by 4.

3A/4A CRX v WDMD - The Saints had a very good team get taken to the woodshed by the Maroons to end the year. Dowling looks to continue the beatdown while the Saints try to move the ball with new people. Dowling starts slow and relies on special team play to edge CRX 28-14. If Saints pull a win out, then entire state gets to focus on Xavier v Regina for almost two months.

8 MAN CVCS vs Harmony - Only the band will be making music for the Huskies. Year three won't yet be the charm. Bus will work okay.

Let's review...who took advantage of the 4A districting by scheduling tough foes? 2013 over .500 teams are italicized/underlined and state semi's or finals also bolded.
Cedar Rapids Jefferson...
CRW, CRP, DVN, DVW, CRK, CF, WW, WE, LM
Cedar Rapids Kennedy...
ICW, CRW, NS, PV, CRJ, LM, WE, CF, WW
Cedar Rapids Washington...
CRJ, CRK, ICW, LM, MUS, OWA, CRP, ICH, BN
LinnMar...
CRP, PV, CLN, CRW, WE, CRK, CF, WW, CRJ
Cedar Rapids Prairie...
LM, CRJ, DS, NS, BN, ICH, CRW, MUS, OWA
Cedar Rapids Xavier...
WDMD, DA, SOL, CCD, MAQ, WD, DW, ICR, MAR

CRW, CRK, LM and CRX plays 5 teams that were over .500 last year in the regular season. CRX plays two teams that were champions in their class and one team that was a semi-finalist.

For the most part, agree with franky. Don't know about Prairie and Linn Mar, but CRW, ICW and especially WDM Dowling should roll in the openers. Hard for me to dismiss Xavier, with their huge squad, but in the opener at least, Dowling has far too much experience.

I forgot Marion, pretty bush of me. My bad, unintentionally so.
3A/2A MAR vs MTV I have to favor Marion, just because I omitted them earlier. Mount Vernon has a splendid football tradition, but Marion has a system coming back and should start quickly.

Mount Vernon, Washington, Cascade, SOL, CCD, MAQ, WD, DW, CRX

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT