ADVERTISEMENT

Week 0 Top 10 Rankings

As I get more information on teams, I might as well give it a shot.

1. CR Xavier- Just too much depth, talent and great coaching
2. Pella- Tradition, depth, and favorable schedule
3. Lewis Central, CB- Just going on hearsay that they're loaded
4. North Scott- Larger school returns much talent
5. Western Dubuque- Loaded team with two D1- athletes at quarterback
6. West Delaware- They've been tough for several years in a row
7. Norwalk- Best in their district
8. Davenort Assumption- Traditionally strong team
9. Harlan- Should be tough in their district
10- Solon- Always competitive.

It'll also be interesting to see how East Waterloo and Iowa City Liberty do as these MVC teams will get their share of wins. Clinton from the MAC also moves from 4A down to 3A. 4A last year, Western Dubuque's two D1 starters are baseball players who committed to LSU and Wichita State, but are tremendous all-around athletes. Some very good teams in 3A are going to have one or two losses going in to the playoffs.

Last edited:
harlan,s senior led team (22) will have a super tough defense , led buy UNI recurit jake McLaughlin, who is also the qb..the strengh of this team will be the defense, with maybe the best defensive line in 3a this year. harlan looks good on offense too, with 9 starters who started at one time or other....the cyclones look good, and will spot new more modern nike uniforms..sort of snazy looking....also, lewis central will probably be the favorite in the district, though they lost like 7 starters on defense, but have the best qb in iowa this year with duggan...he has been recruited by everyone, and will attend TCU next yr

Last edited:
Solon will be interesting. Their district is pretty weak again this year so there may be some more lopsided scores. Still think they'll be pretty good

As I get more information on teams, I might as well give it a shot.

1. CR Xavier- Just too much depth, talent and great coaching
2. Pella- Tradition, depth, and favorable schedule
3. Lewis Central, CB- Just going on hearsay that they're loaded
4. North Scott- Larger school returns much talent
5. Western Dubuque- Loaded team with two D1- athletes at quarterback
6. West Delaware- They've been tough for several years in a row
7. Norwalk- Best in their district
8. Davenort Assumption- Traditionally strong team
9. Harlan- Should be tough in their district
10- Solon- Always competitive.

It'll also be interesting to see how East Waterloo and Iowa City Liberty do as these MVC teams will get their share of wins. Clinton from the MAC also moves from 4A down to 3A. 4A last year, Western Dubuque's two D1 starters are baseball players who committed to LSU and Wichita State, but are tremendous all-around athletes. Some very good teams in 3A are going to have one or two losses going in to the playoffs.

Xavier plays West Delaware, Western Dubuque and Davenport Assumption this season.

Assumption also plays North Scott and Solon.

North Scott also plays Iowa City West, Pleasant Valley, and Western Dubuque.

You’re right. There’s several really good 3A programs in eastern Iowa that will end up with multiple losses.

well...listen to Harlan game...either Harlan is not as good as I thought, or Denison better than I thought

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT