ADVERTISEMENT

WBND

ORSKY1

Varsity
Oct 19, 2001
is WBND a lock for the 2A title this year? Last year they would have won an all classes meet.

is WBND a lock for the 2A title this year? Last year they would have won an all classes meet.
No lock. at all.
Madrid, Albia, Monticello, West Branch and I'm sure I'm leaving someone out, will have a lot to say about that trophy!! I'm not saying they aren't any good only that they could be in the top 3 if they have some good luck at districts and state.

WBND is definitely going to score some points, but I'd agree that Albia and Monticello should be right there.

No lock. at all.
Madrid, Albia, Monticello, West Branch and I'm sure I'm leaving someone out, will have a lot to say about that trophy!! I'm not saying they aren't any good only that they could be in the top 3 if they have some good luck at districts and state.

WBND does have a decent chance forca repeat. Won't be scored from last year but still a chance.

The thing about Albia, Monticello and WBND, all three would score decent points in the 4A meet. Really talented 2A schools.

The thing about Albia, Monticello and WBND, all three would score decent points in the 4A meet. Really talented 2A schools.

At the 4A level:
Monticello scores in high jump, maybe shot put, maybe 110Highs.
Albia scores in 400 lows, 4x2, 4x4, maybe medley.
That's NOT "decent points". Albia much higher at 4A than Monticello due to the quality of the relays.
Monticello will have decent shot to outscore Albia at state.

Neither can touch what WBND can do at 2A level or 4A level. In fact, I think if WBND contested 4A they would outscore Albia and Monticello's 2A points.

At the 4A level:
That's NOT "decent points". Albia much higher at 4A than Monticello due to the quality of the relays.

Neither can touch what WBND can do at 2A level or 4A level. In fact, I think if WBND contested 4A they would outscore Albia and Monticello's 2A points.
Monticello will outscore Albia by 25-30 pts at the state meet in class 2A. Monticello should score 70-75 pts. Albia as great as they are at some of those relays, can't score enough points in the open events to hang with Monticello. Kingsley might score more than people expect.

Odd, the events you mentioned for Monticello aren't even their best events. They are ranked high in the 800, 1600, Medley, 4x400 and 4x800 as each of those they would likely score points in the 4A meet.

No doubt WBND is on the higher end of the three schools.

Albia has some high level events, just not enough of them.

At the 4A level:

ADVERTISEMENT