ADVERTISEMENT

Way Too Early 2A 2021 Outlook

Sep 13, 2019
It is never too early to look forward to the next year. Here are my top teams heading into next fall.

1.) CLGLR - Lutmer is argualy the best player in 2A returning next fall along with many others from the state runner-up.
2.) Waukon - This team just reloads, reloads, and reloads. Snitker and Hennessy will lead the way after graduating a strong senior class.
3.) Estherville Lincoln Central - Return QB Schiltz and monster RB McMurrian after a solid season for ELC.
4.) Solon - another team that always reloads. Look for QB to Timmons to have another big year.
5.) Williamsburg - Lose their QB, but return several other skilled positions from a solid team this past season.
6.) Spirit Lake - A well known team in 2A who return a talented senior class.
7.) West Lyon - Another team that has been consistent over past few years, returning several player from this past year.
8.) PCM - Return solid QB Stock. Can make another run if they fill in the pieces around him.
9.) West Marshall - Return leading rusher Pope and others that are hoping to reach the UNI-dome.
10.) Sioux Center - Return QB Roozeboom and several others looking to bounce back and challenge CLGLR.

Others: Independence, Mt. Vernon, Greene County, Camanche, West Liberty, Algona

Let me know who I'm missing.

Reactions: blcoach80
It is never too early to look forward to the next year. Here are my top teams heading into next fall.

1.) CLGLR - Lutmer is argualy the best player in 2A returning next fall along with many others from the state runner-up.
2.) Waukon - This team just reloads, reloads, and reloads. Snitker and Hennessy will lead the way after graduating a strong senior class.
3.) Estherville Lincoln Central - Return QB Schiltz and monster RB McMurrian after a solid season for ELC.
4.) Solon - another team that always reloads. Look for QB to Timmons to have another big year.
5.) Williamsburg - Lose their QB, but return several other skilled positions from a solid team this past season.
7.) West Lyon - Another team that has been consistent over past few years, returning several player from this past year.
8.) PCM - Return solid QB Stock. Can make another run if they fill in the pieces around him.
9.) West Marshall - Return leading rusher Pope and others that are hoping to reach the UNI-dome.
10.) Sioux Center - Return QB Roozeboom and several others looking to bounce back and challenge CLGLR.

Like you said, way too early! I agree though, CLGLR should start #1. Waukon graduates a lot of studs, but they have made the dome the the last 4 years (2 titles and 3 finals). That is as much coaching as talent. They replaced the whole O-line this year and got it done again. Next year they will start over again with a very successful sophomore team filling in for the seniors. Next man up!

If they reclassify again this year as they said they would, Solon would likely be back in 3A..

Reclassification could dictate a lot of things in 2A. Teams like Solon, West Lyon, Independence, and others who are on the fringe of being in a different class can change things.

A couple teams to watch for coming up to 2A would be OABCIG and Southeast Valley. They are the 2 biggest 1A schools right now. OABCIG are 1A state champs but lose arguably the MVP in the state (Dejean). SEV was a Quarterfinalist in 1A but they return everything including the top Junior recruit in the state (Graves) who is committed to Iowa.

Good list with a few thoughts

Lutmer looks good but if you’re looking for the best player in 2A you have to see Jahsiah Galvan from West Liberty

ELC is too high and may not be top 10

CLGLR, Solon, Williamsburg, and PCM should all be top 5 although as others have said Solon is probably 3A next season

Waukon without Welch will be a different team. Interesting that their backup was also a senior makes me question if they have a good replacement

Being from SE IA I don’t see Mt Vernon, Camanche, or West Liberty contending next year. They all lose a lot of seniors who have been 2 or 3 year starters and I don’t think there’s much coming up to replenish them. WL at least has Galvan to lean on

Keep the talk going tell me where I’m wrong

Solon will have a BEDS number of 389 so 3A for sure.

I haven't seen Galvan in person so I can't comment, but Lutmer is special.

CLGLR will be very good next fall and should be #1 to start the year, but they did lose some very important pieces. Winkle, Meyer, and Ribbe were all state type players.

Waukon was just loaded last fall. They do take a big hit from graduation but I still look for them to be a top 5 team.

There is a chance that SIoux Center could go 3a also? Clear Lake would be last team with old beds and Sioux Center next..They would be biggest 2A school (or smallest 3A)

Clear Lake replaces a bigger class with a smaller class and I believe Sioux Center goes up

When's the next board meeting, that's when they'll officially approve it I would guess.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT