ADVERTISEMENT

Waukee Split

Aug 21, 2019
I’m up to date on coaching staffs for Waukee and NW but anyone have insight on talent and numbers for each team post split?

Have no idea but it’s rather remarkable they can split and both be classified as (now 5A) schools. Reminds me of when IC Liberty started, West remained 4A while Liberty took a few years to class up. Not sure what the policy is for Waukee students, assume they have to go where their residence dictates and not open enrollment into the other.

Have no idea but it’s rather remarkable they can split and both be classified as (now 5A) schools. Reminds me of when IC Liberty started, West remained 4A while Liberty took a few years to class up. Not sure what the policy is for Waukee students, assume they have to go where their residence dictates and not open enrollment into the other.
Waukee's beds number was over 2000 before the split so it was no suprise that they are both 5A and they will continue to grow.

I believe they are already planning for a 3rd high school to open in 10 years or so. As for the original question, I had someone in the district tell me that it will be a lot like the Ankeny split, the new school will probably be better the first few years but it will even out over time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT