ADVERTISEMENT

Waterloo Columbus Girls BB Openings

moondog24

Freshman
Oct 31, 2009
see there is an opening at Waterloo Columbus for both Head and Assistant Girls Basketball Coaches. Anyone know the situation there? I see they won only 3 games last year but the majority of their players were sophomores and juniors. They seem to have great success in soccer and tennis. Would this be a good gig?

A while back I was talking with Coach Meeks and he became the new AD and football coach there. The girls program did get better with him during his 2 years, and they do have some talented players in the underclass.

Just saw in the WCF Courier that Mark Sinwell was hired as the head coach and Dick Schons as the assistant coach. I believe Mark coached the Sailors for 4 years in the early to mid 2000's while Dick was the sophomore coach last season at Columbus. They have some talent in the upcoming Junior class and it will be interesting to see how they develop this season. Good luck to the new coaches.

Re: Waterloo Columbus Girls BB

Read a week ago in the Courier that the leading scorer for Columbus has transferred to Waterloo West. Any reasons why?

Re: Waterloo Columbus Girls BB

Tony Pappas recruiting, that is the only answer to whey these two transfered....

So Tony is up to his old tricks again. The girl from Columbus will be a handful. She was used to having everything run her way and could be moody if things didn't go her way. Will be interesting to see how she blends in when she is not the #1 option each time down the floor.

So Tony is up to his old tricks again. The girl from Columbus will be a handful. She was used to having everything run her way and could be moody if things didn't go her way. Will be interesting to see how she blends in when she is not the #1 option each time down the floor.

@moondog24 can we get a where are they now update on this gal?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT