ADVERTISEMENT

Van Meter

Dec 7, 2017
Can anyone in Van Meters district or sub-state beat them?

I have not seen them play this year.

Would love to here some thoughts on them.

Sure...Anyone can be beat by anyone on a given night. Woodward Academy could beat them tomorrow night. More than likely, they would then face W-G and a 19-2 W-G team could beat them. If they get by those two, then whoever they face in the substate game could beat them. There's a chance any of those scenarios could happen...or VM could win those three games and make it to state. I guess that's why they play the games.

While they have beaten Des Moines Christian twice, the games were very close both times. I could see DMC possibly taking them out at substate. That or Pella Christian if they made it through districts.

While they have beaten Des Moines Christian twice, the games were very close both times. I could see DMC possibly taking them out at substate. That or Pella Christian if they made it through districts.

DM Christian and Pella Christian are in a completely different sub-state, so the only way VM would play either of those teams in the post-season would be at state.

My bad. I was going from memory and thought 12 and 13 would meet up, where it's actually 11/12, 13/14.

Given that, I think state is likely for them.

Don't be surprised if Woodward-Granger beats them tomorrow night. Should be a great game between 2 really good teams.

Reactions: mylameusername
Woodward Granger is very solid, but VM just seems to find a way to win. I like WG's chances if they shoot well and can keep VM off the offensive glass.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT