ADVERTISEMENT

Undefeated teams in 1A

Anonymous111

Freshman
Jun 27, 2018
Here are my two cents on one of the undefeated teams (Easton Valley) who I’ve now seen play 3 games. I have not seen WACO and was wondering if anyone had some good insight on them as they are both ranked pretty high now on Prep Hoops

Easton Valley-

This team is an interesting hodgepodge of talent that all compliment each other extremely well. There best player is a 6’5 interior post, Caleb Cornilsen. He’s a big bodied post who has great interior foot work. He does have a solid 15 footer that defenders must respect. After Cornilsen, there next two best players are Cade Jargo and Jessen Webber. Cade is a small but very quick point guard with seemingly unlimited range. He’s not a set shooter however. He likes to shoot off the dribble or catch take a jab step and fire. Jessen Webber rounds out there big 3 and he is arguably the best set shooter in the entire state. He’s not great off the dribble and not overly quick, but uses crafty ball handling and his deceptive quickness to get to the cup when teams are hugging him. The next best player that compliments the big 3 is Nate Trenkamp. He is a big bodied wing who can shoot it from 3. After these 4, they have solid wings defenders and a tall post who isn’t very good, but he can come in against taller teams and cause a few issues defensively. I believe this is a top 4 team. There biggest issue is they give up way to many easy shots when they press. That strategy may work against awful Tri-Rivers teams, but it will not against the likes of a Lake Mills, Garrigan, or Montezuma. If this team makes state they should get the two seed.

WACO
- on quick stats they are extremely tall. They are currently 17-0 and should finish 21-0. However there scores just aren’t very impressive

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT