ADVERTISEMENT

Tues., Feb. 11 Basketball Scores & Comments

EastIowaHawk

All District
Jan 6, 2008
Lots of great games tonight, with the regular season ending soon. Tell us about your game and your thoughts about the upcoming tourney.

Reactions: cem
First, some late Monday night scores:
Easton Valley 66, M.S. Acad. 34
Harlan 71, Atlantic 41
IC Liberty 78, Iowa City 67
Lake Mills 102, N. Union 36
Pleasant Valley 41, East Dubuque, IL 33 4A beats IL.1A
Spencer 53, Denison-Schleswig 39
Turkey Valley 71, Gil. Don Bosco 39

Tuesday Evening:
Waterloo West leads Dub. Senior by 10 as third quarter gets underway Lots of fouls on West and eight charges against Senior in a wild affair so far. Into the 4th Q and Senior has missed all of their 3-pointers to this point, and scored only two points in the first quarter.
Senior outscores West by 14 points late in 4th and game tied with seconds to go. Senior misses free throw. West makes 3 free throws. Senior makes last shot- a two, not a three.

Waterloo West 51, Dubuque Senior 50.
CBAL 69, SC Heelan 48
Cedar Falls 72, Dub. Wahlert 48
Indianola 87, Oskaloosa 47- wow.
North Linn 79, Central City 38
Omaha, NE Skutt 76, Glenwood 46
Underwood 70, Treynor 53
CR Kennedy 63, CR Xavier 55
ADM 74, Carlisle 43
Gilbert 62, PCM 52
CR Prairie, IC Liberty 54

Last edited:
No. Not at All. Just struggling as of late. They should be ready for districts. They usually struggle late in the season then turn it up at districts

I cannot remember another season in which so many teams have had so many missing and hobbled players from injuries and illnesses. If most of these players can get back in uniform by tournament time, it'll make the tourney even more wide-open and interesting because there is so much parity in all the classes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Anonymous111
District 1 in 2A is going to be an absolute must see everything game besides for Maple Valley. Other than them anyone can take that district. West Sioux is going down before substate is my gut feeling. But I agree every district is pretty open so to say. It'll be a very exciting post season for 1A and 2A

BH was told no 3s tonight because they missed so many the last gam . Smart move in a way. Make them score inside. Sheldon was really hot from 3 tonight and with BH not being able to shoot any 3s its hard to make a come back. They'll be working their tales off in practice and should be ready for post season play. Look for them and Western to have an absolute battle for the town and for a state birth

BH was told no 3s tonight because they missed so many the last gam . Smart move in a way. Make them score inside. Sheldon was really hot from 3 tonight and with BH not being able to shoot any 3s its hard to make a come back. They'll be working their tales off in practice and should be ready for post season play. Look for them and Western to have an absolute battle for the town and for a state birth
Very unfortunate western Iowa teams get punished for being very good at basketball so some championship games could even be played before they GET to state.

My idea was that the top 16 teams get their own district. Then split the state in sixth. 1 line thru the middle and 3 up and down lines. Then even out every district. It's be a lot more work but it would even things out SO much more. this would help get 8 of the best 16 teams at state unless they get upset. Its Basically how it is now but every substate is more even and only has 2 top 16 teams in it. It wouldn't help NWIA but otd help the entire state ininy opinion. What's your thoughts on that idea?

Were you even at the game? They shot plenty of 3’s. Why would a coach ever tell a team they aren’t allowed to shoot a 3. They lost because of turnovers

And don't act like I'm crazy for saying that. We were told a few times at halftime that we weren't allowed to shoot any more 3s unless we were wide open. Francis said this about 3 times thru my senior year. If you can't make your 3s and its hurting your game then you not going to continue to shoot 3s unless it's an open one. That's basically common sense unless your a 3 point shooting team and live or die on it

Just like last year at state when Regina lost the game because of “terrible officials” to BH.

All I have done is stated why they lost I have made no excuses. BH is not playing well currently

Probably because they aren’t shooting any threes.

I didn't think I made any excuses either. Just stating what I've heard around town. I've been very busy as of late and not able to make the games because of that.

Lol my bad . I was told my information by a players mom. Which means her son who's on the team had told her that information. Nothing out of my ass.

Were you even at the game? They shot plenty of 3’s. Why would a coach ever tell a team they aren’t allowed to shoot a 3. They lost because of turnovers
Hey let’s not rip him. He’s just stating what he’s told. And you’d be surprised on the amount of coaches who do actually do this. I’ve seen teams shoot them selves out of games because they shot to many long 3s *cough camanche 2016 cough

Hey let’s not rip him. He’s just stating what he’s told. And you’d be surprised on the amount of coaches who do actually do this. I’ve seen teams shoot them selves out of games because they shot to many long 3s *cough camanche 2016 cough
I’m only doing it because we went through the same program so I’m just as familiar with how their system works. I can now see that he was just repeating what a mother said and those stories are always inflated. This does happen but not as literal tonight as it was told. Playoffs are gunna be thrilling this year.

More Tuesday night scores:

IHSAA had this score backwards- Treynor beat, not lost to, Underwood 70- 53
Ankeny 65, DM Hoover 58
CPU 55, Dyersville Beckman 39- margin a bit surprising
Dallas Center-Grimes 71, Pella 66- that conference tears each other up.
Decorah 82, Waukon 40- Saw Decorah play and they are a good outfit.
WDM Dowling 84, DM North 83 in a dilly
Easton Valley 63, Lisbon 46
Iowa City West 79, CR Washington 46
Monticello 49, Camanche 45 in a tight one
Norwalk 87, Grinnell 61 (Xavier Foster recently called Bowen Born of Norwalk "Iowa's version of Kobe Bryant." - well, maybe 8 inches shorter version!
Winterset 70, Bondurant-Farrar 44
Dub. Hempstead's junior wing star Michael Duax commits to UNI.

More Tuesday night scores:

IHSAA had this score backwards- Treynor beat, not lost to, Underwood 70- 53
Ankeny 65, DM Hoover 58
CPU 55, Dyersville Beckman 39- margin a bit surprising
Dallas Center-Grimes 71, Pella 66
Decorah 82, Waukon 40- Saw Decorah play and they are a good outfit.
WDM Dowling 84, DM North 83 in a dilly
Easton Valley 63, Lisbon 46
Iowa City West 79, CR Washington 46
Monticello 49, Camanche 45 in a tight one
Norwalk 87, Grinnell 61
Winterset 70, Bondurant-Farrar 44
Dub. Hempstead's junior star Michael Duax commits to UNI.
Another great pick up for UNI. I personally think Duax is the most talentd player in his class and the best college prospect. UNI is gonna be scary good for the next 2-4 years

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT