ADVERTISEMENT

Thursday Feb 20 1A and 2A scores

RJV2324

Freshman
Nov 27, 2019
Won't be many big 1A games tonight so we can just put them in the 2A thread. I'll be at Rock Valley vs Cherokee as well as Sioux Center vs West Sioux

1A-
AGWSR 65, BCLUW 57
Gilbertville Don Bosco 52, Dunkerton 34
Remsen St. Mary's 71, Woodbury C 40
WACO 46, Winfield Mt. Union 36
Wapsie Valley 75, Gladbrook-Reinbeck 67 (OT)

2A-
Cherokee 64, Rock Valley 47
Pella Christian 74, West Marshall 43
West Branch 50, Mediapolis 37
West Lyon 47, Spirit Lake 45
Williamsburg 54, Durant 45
DM Christian 75, PCM 43
Osage 68, L-G-D 43
Dyersville Beckman 75, North Fayette 32
Boyden Hull 55, Sheldon 39
Carroll Kuemper 73, AHSTW 69
Treynor 92, Shenandoah 42
Van Meter 65, Woodward Academy 45
Cascade 50, Iowa City Regina 26 in a blowout
Hudson 41, Aplington-Parkersburg 39 Wow.

Last edited:
Garrigan cruises to a 83-37 victory. Pulled starters with about 5-6 minutes to go in the 4th. A lot of shocking scores tonight in the 1A and 2A fields

Everyone knows about it. What's the secret? He did it so how he has to live up to his mistakes. My bad I guess lol

Instead of commenting on all my comments on here just message me on facebook since you know who I am but I don't know you

Everyone knows about it. What's the secret? He did it so how he has to live up to his mistakes. My bad I guess lol
It's not a secret but I didn't include it because I personally didn't think it was my business to say. I have no reason to look you up on Facebook. It was your choice to link videos of yourself on here. This is a public forum, people are going to reply to posts they think need a reply.

Starting to look like the war eagle is overrated...

I am a little bias but I don't agree with that statement at all. Sioux Center had the perfect storm of a roster to battle with West Sioux. A TRUE BIG. Dekkers is forced to defend the post when there's any player with size and even him being incredibly strong has a hard time with 6'8. They're also a team that shoots from the outside a ton and even the best teams in the state don't get them all to fall.

Also refer to South O, BH score.

I am a little bias but I don't agree with that statement at all. Sioux Center had the perfect storm of a roster to battle with West Sioux. A TRUE BIG. Dekkers is forced to defend the post when there's any player with size and even him being incredibly strong has a hard time with 6'8. They're also a team that shoots from the outside a ton and even the best teams in the state don't get them all to fall.

Also refer to South O, BH score.
Every team in the war eagle underperformed or beat a horrible team by as much as they should. And I understand south o brien had 1 good win this year. They went 1-3 against good teams in there conference and won that game by 1 point. Sioux center should not have been close to west Sioux either way they are 8-15. Agreed they struggle with size but still 8-15... Also Boyden hull in my opinion isn’t as good as usual this year.

Starting to look like the war eagle is overrated...
I somewhat agree that the war eagle may be a little overrated, but I would argue that the Siouxland conference is just a very tough conference and I’m not that surprised the war eagle is struggling with the bottom tier teams in that conference because the bottom teams in the Siouxland are way better then the bottom feeders in the War Eagle. Will be interesting to see how RSM and SOB do agaisnt good teams from other conferences. GLR will be a good warmup for SOB for there substate matchup

Every team in the war eagle underperformed or beat a horrible team by as much as they should. And I understand south o brien had 1 good win this year. They went 1-3 against good teams in there conference and won that game by 1 point. Sioux center should not have been close to west Sioux either way they are 8-15. Agreed they struggle with size but still 8-15... Also Boyden hull in my opinion isn’t as good as usual this year.

RSM a team that returned literally 100% and added a freshman who is chipping in solid minutes finished in the top4 last year. South O beat them once and West Sioux beat them once. The conference after those 3, are not great but not awful either. HMS has good size and can battle, HLP has two really good scorers, hinton plays fast but is severely undersized.

Also they went 8-15 in one of the toughest conferences top to bottom in the state. People who play against St. Albert say the same thing?

RSM a team that returned literally 100% and added a freshman who is chipping in solid minutes finished in the top4 last year. South O beat them once and West Sioux beat them once. The conference after those 3, are not great but not awful either. HMS has good size and can battle, HLP has two really good scorers, hinton plays fast but is severely undersized.

Also they went 8-15 in one of the toughest conferences top to bottom in the state. People who play against St. Albert say the same thing?
The bottom teams in the war eagle are bad. I know they aren’t like the worst teams ever but when Hinton is the 4th best team then that shows how big of a drop off there is. I’m not saying the war eagle is bad because it’s not but I think it’s starting to show that maybe they were a bit overrated during the regular season. Also Remsen was on the easiest side of the bracket last year at state and had to basically play it’s own conference or teams they play every year to get to state they were good last year but in my opinion they weren’t the third best team in the state last year. Also Alburnett wasn’t the second best team in the state. Teams can make a run and beat teams there worst then.

Reactions: Anonymous111

Hence why I said the siouxland is a tough conference so Sioux Centers record is not indicative of how good they are. But your wrong on the war eagle. RSM was good last year but not the 3rd best team. That was St Alberts. They are still very good and I believe there a top 5 team. But I’m starting to have doubts about SOB and West Sioux. War eagle was hyped up to have the best 2A team in the state and two of the top 3 1A teams. Now I’m starting to wonder if any of the three are going to make state. SOB has one impressive win over Boyden Hull but other then that, the Siouxland is a better conference

I'm not one to get in pissing matches so I'll stop here, especially with people not from the area. I know nothing about Garrigan's conference or area teams. Games will play themselves out. Best of luck down the road.

I'm not one to get in pissing matches so I'll stop here, especially with people not from the area. I know nothing about Garrigan's conference or area teams. Games will play themselves out. Best of luck down the road.
What about garrigan? Our conversation was about the war eagle and the Siouxland. The Siouxland is better this year and has been for the past couple years and it should because it’s a 2A conference. Lets not act like the war eagle is some power house all of sudden because it has 3 good teams. Best of luck to you also no hard feelings. FYI I am from the area:)

How good is the Lakes conference?

I watched 2 lakes teams get beat by 2 siouxland teams. Both were great games.

West Lyon over Spirit lake
Okoboji over Western

How good is the Lakes conference?

I watched 2 lakes teams get beat by 2 siouxland teams. Both were great games.

West Lyon over Spirit lake
Okoboji over Western
The lakes conference is overall solid. Not a very big conference. Siouxland is definitely better. Overall Siouxland is the best northwest iowa conference (excluding the 4A conferences) What makes them look questionable is Boyden Hull losing at home to a SOB. I don’t think a state title team will come out of Siouxland but multiple state tournament teams.

This would be a pretty cool conference scramble. For the most part the traveling makes sense and itd give the war eagle a little less talent but it'd give the siouxland and the lakes a step up in competition. Gives all 3 conferences 9 teams and every so often they could flip a team or two around.

Siouxland.
Boyden Hull
MOC-FV
Unity Christian
Rock Valley
West Lyon
Central Lyon
Sioux Center
GLR
Sheldon

War Eagle.
West Sioux
Remsen
SOB
Hinton
Gehlen Catholic
HLP
HMS
Trinity
MMCRU

Lakes.
Western
Spirit Lake
Okoboji
Storm Lake
E-LC
Cherokee
Spencer
Akron
Sibley

That freshman had finger surgery and is not playing in districts.

Sioux Center also needed double OT to beat Unity. One game means the conference ins overrated i guess. Are we also going to forget South O'Brien beat Boyden Hull? ......... Just a stupid post.
Your dumb lol. The fact that they beat unity makes it even more so that a team that went 8-15 almost beat 2 teams that are top 5 in a “powerhouse” conference. You really have no idea about basketball do you?

Reactions: RJV2324
Hence why I said the siouxland is a tough conference so Sioux Centers record is not indicative of how good they are. But your wrong on the war eagle. RSM was good last year but not the 3rd best team. That was St Alberts. They are still very good and I believe there a top 5 team. But I’m starting to have doubts about SOB and West Sioux. War eagle was hyped up to have the best 2A team in the state and two of the top 3 1A teams. Now I’m starting to wonder if any of the three are going to make state. SOB has one impressive win over Boyden Hull but other then that, the Siouxland is a better conference
So St. Alberts was better than RSM last year because this guy says so.... I'm not saying RSM was better but just saying St. Albets was no doubt better without the teams playing is pretty stupid.

So St. Alberts was better than RSM last year because this guy says so.... I'm not saying RSM was better but just saying St. Albets was no doubt better without the teams playing is pretty stupid.
Maybe I’m biased but I would argue that St. Albert was the 2nd best team in 1A last season with the championship game being played in the semis. No other team even came close to beating Grand View and St. Albert was down 1 with a minute or 2 left to go in the game.

Reactions: mylameusername
This would be a pretty cool conference scramble. For the most part the traveling makes sense and itd give the war eagle a little less talent but it'd give the siouxland and the lakes a step up in competition. Gives all 3 conferences 9 teams and every so often they could flip a team or two around.

Siouxland.
Boyden Hull
MOC-FV
Unity Christian
Rock Valley
West Lyon
Central Lyon
Sioux Center
GLR
Sheldon

War Eagle.
West Sioux
Remsen
SOB
Hinton
Gehlen Catholic
HLP
HMS
Trinity
MMCRU

Lakes.
Western
Spirit Lake
Okoboji
Storm Lake
E-LC
Cherokee
Spencer
Akron
Sibley

Do you even know where Akron is? It would make zero sense for them to play in the Lakes Conference with every single away game being an hour away or more.

Do you even know where Akron is? It would make zero sense for them to play in the Lakes Conference with every single away game being an hour away or more.
I just threw them in a conference to make it 9 in all 3. Yes I know where it's at lol. But since their awful I figured I'd just throw them somewhere.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT