ADVERTISEMENT

thUGA game….

AE398-F55-3818-4-CCB-BA7-B-F8-F68-CCDB37-B.gif

I hope Fairley leads us out of the tunnel, especially since Erin Murray is calling the game.

That was a nice call. What was the final verdict of why Al Borges didn’t work out? Lowder and yella or some other dumbfvckery ?
Game passed him by I think. Defense made adjustments to defend his offense, we didn’t make adjustments to try and change things up. Cox never really got better at qb during his three years. In 2007, we had 4 or 5 freshmen starting on oline, which didn’t help. Tubberville fatigue had begun to set in by 2007, exasperated by his flirting with Arkansas and a couple other jobs. Borges probably needed to go, but was an easy scapegoat for Tubbs. Tubbs always protected his non coordinator assistants and didn’t really allow coordinators to bring in their own staff. Obviously, it was apparent the next year that Tubbs himself needed to go. I’ll always like Borges, and I would say I was in the supportive/indifferent mood about his firing. I think he would have done well anywhere in strictly a schematic/play calling role, but he wasnt a great position coach. He needed an offensive staff that could recruit and coach the positions and let him handle everything else.

Game passed him by I think. Defense made adjustments to defend his offense, we didn’t make adjustments to try and change things up. Cox never really got better at qb during his three years. In 2007, we had 4 or 5 freshmen starting on oline, which didn’t help. Tubberville fatigue had begun to set in by 2007, exasperated by his flirting with Arkansas and a couple other jobs. Borges probably needed to go, but was an easy scapegoat for Tubbs. Tubbs always protected his non coordinator assistants and didn’t really allow coordinators to bring in their own staff. Obviously, it was apparent the next year that Tubbs himself needed to go. I’ll always like Borges, and I would say I was in the supportive/indifferent mood about his firing. I think he would have done well anywhere in strictly a schematic/play calling role, but he wasnt a great position coach. He needed an offensive staff that could recruit and coach the positions and let him handle everything else.
Read thought that again and replace Tuberville with Malzahn…some things never change.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT