ADVERTISEMENT

Things are a bit uneventful on here.

Iron Doc

All Conference
Nov 5, 2005
Anything spectacular to mention from Class A (or other) games this past Friday?

Here is a shot in the dark about pairings with a best guess of who qualifies
QUAD 1
WH vs S Winn, Hinton vs Westwood
QUAD 2
STA vs EDCO, Woodbury vs SOB
QUAD 3
MFL vs Grundy, BP vs CD or Wayne
QUAD 4
NT vs BGM, Earlham vs IKM

Reactions: uiuppp
Here is a shot in the dark about pairings with a best guess of who qualifies
QUAD 1
WH vs S Winn, Hinton vs Westwood
QUAD 2
STA vs EDCO, Woodbury vs SOB
QUAD 3
MFL vs Grundy, BP vs CD or Wayne
QUAD 4
NT vs BGM, Earlham vs IKM
What happens when Wapsie beats Grundy? Does a 6-3 sneak in over a 7-2 Grundy

Reactions: mtdew_fever
Whoever pulls Central Decatur or Wayne first round is a lucky team. Pretty much an auto in to the quarters
And it pry will be BP which isn’t much better team and that will be a shame. If that would be the match up whoever would be on that other side of that game would be feeling very good n confident about making the dome

The most interesting games this week for playoff purposes and RPI stuff

Grundy Center and Wapsie. Cent. Decatur and Wayne. Hinton and S. OBrien.

Reactions: IGo42
If they go actually off a true RPI and SOS it will be interesting if a Saint Albert win on Friday Gets them in. Toughest SOS.

Losses are only to a 2A kuemper 1a #5 Treynor, 1A number 10 Underwood and a 8-1 Earlham...

If they go actually off a true RPI and SOS it will be interesting if a Saint Albert win on Friday Gets them in. Toughest SOS.

Losses are only to a 2A kuemper 1a #5 Treynor, 1A number 10 Underwood and a 8-1 Earlham...
Bcmoore kindly disagrees with you on that strength of schedule lol.

beat a team with a winning record and you can join the playoff conversation.

Reactions: GOPANTHERS23
beat a team with a winning record and you can join the playoff conversation.

Or other teams could play up and play teams with a winning record. Didn't realize defending and voicing reason for a team you are a fan of would trigger so many people...Gopanthers at least has some sense. Paxregis is just extremely sensitive.

Reactions: franky1967
Or other teams could play up and play teams with a winning record. Didn't realize defending and voicing reason for a team you are a fan of would trigger so many people...Gopanthers at least has some sense. Paxregis is just extremely sensitive.

If you had voiced legitimate reasons why St Albert, maybe I wouldn’t be so cranky. Playing and losing to tough teams gets you nothing. The Falcons are playing to their potential, beating the teams they should. Sorry that’s not good enough to sniff the playoffs this season. It’s when people pull out shit like “real” RPI and SOS out of their ass that I get upset enough to post.

confused what is pulled out of their ass? Their sos is one of if not the toughest in class A...
sensitive cupcakes now a days on preps. you hate to see it

confused what is pulled out of their ass? Their sos is one of if not the toughest in class A...
sensitive cupcakes now a days on preps. you hate to see it
Would totally agree that St Alberts schedule is tough but I do agree they don’t just deserve playoffs because they have played tough schedule.

You’re philosophy on how teams should try to set up their schedule is flawed. Not every team should play up just because St Alberts does. At the end of the day, most class A teams are playing up for atleast 1 non district game. If you are a serious contender and you dominate enough to be able to play all non district games against 1a and 2a teams then you should easily win your class A district.... which your beloved Falcons do not seem to be getting done

Reactions: paxregis
Would totally agree that St Alberts schedule is tough but I do agree they don’t just deserve playoffs because they have played tough schedule.

I don't disagree at all. not one bit! My point was in regards to rpi playing Up classes should benefit you. Not have that loss count the same as losing to a average class A school or vice verse for wins

You’re philosophy on how teams should try to set up their schedule is flawed. Not every team should play up just because St Alberts does. At the end of the day, most class A teams are playing up for atleast 1 non district game. If you are a serious contender and you dominate enough to be able to play all non district games against 1a and 2a teams then you should easily win your class A district.... which your beloved Falcons do not seem to be getting done

Injuries and maybe being a year away played a role. but no excuses they didn't get it done. But if you had any idea of how scheduling worked you'd know SA is against the 8 ball when playing non district. only schools around are larger schools. Plus the teams that requested to play the falcons...glenwood..sbl..glenwood.. Their ND schedule maybe even more brutal next year

Injuries and maybe being a year away played a role. but no excuses they didn't get it done. But if you had any idea of how scheduling worked you'd know SA is against the 8 ball when playing non district. only schools around are larger schools. Plus the teams that requested to play the falcons...glenwood..sbl..glenwood.. Their ND schedule maybe even more brutal next year
I do understand they are not around many smaller schools. But that doesn’t mean they can’t travel. The fact is, you’re making excuses. That’s all your doing. My hometown team Bishop Garrigan has battled injuries all year and will finish the season 6-3 with a loss to the most dominate class A team in the state. They didn’t get the job done. I’m not sitting here making excuses and saying what if about every possible situation

Reactions: D3vilDog
wait, so me stating "not making excuses they didn't get it done" then explaining why they play larger schools because that is who is around and who ask to schedule them is making excuses now? You're buttersoft man. Can' fix stupid. If you don't understand my point that's fine. But do not sit there and say I'm making excuses when i'm stating facts and reasoning. Which neither are to support your rabbit hole theory of me using it as an excuse as to why they didnt make the playoffs

That a TRUE rpi system would reward teams for playing up, punish teams for playing down. A loss to a 2a or 3a team would not count the same as that to a a team. same as a win against an upper class would weigh more than that of the same or lower class

With your idea of a True RPI, your going to find yourself traveling more. Those big schools around you won't want to play you anymore or only play you at home. Welcome to being a UNI Basketball fan surrounded by Hawk's or Cyclone's. We shouldn't play them! We have nothing to gain! This is there Super Bowl!

My local High School's easiest non district game was against a 1A team. On paper preseason it was expected to be tougher, but that team lost there stud running back.

I'd agree that St. Albert played a very difficult schedule and might be better than some of the 11-16 teams that will be in the playoffs. Probably even better than the winner of district 8. Although the RPI system is not perfect the old system was not good either. Can you imagine 2 teams from district 8 automatically qualifying under the old system?!?!

I agree there should be a multiplier for playing up, but until that happens coaches would be wise not to add teams to their Top 10 non-district opponents list that they believe are too tough to handle.

Coaches do have a say on who goes on their list, whether they get four of those ten teams is up to the IAHSAA. I know our local HS coach has already been watching a little film of teams within 90 min drive and looking at rosters trying to figure out who we would have good matchups with the next two seasons for non-district games.

Last edited:
And it pry will be BP which isn’t much better team and that will be a shame. If that would be the match up whoever would be on that other side of that game would be feeling very good n confident about making the dome

What a dumbass.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT