ADVERTISEMENT

The Good Ol' Playoff Guesser Returns

Best bracket yet, makes sense with RPI and geography. Good work. Though Spencer and Bondurant-Farrar will be battling for that spot. Whoever wins out is in.

Carroll at SBL
Heelan at Norwalk
----
Spencer at Lewis Central
Harlan at Oskaloosa
-----
-----
Waverly Shell Rock at Xavier
Western Dubuque at Decorah
-----
Clear Creek Amana at Solon
Pella at North Scott

I don’t think Bondurant-Farrar can catch Spencer if Spencer beats LeMars tonight. My projected RPIs above are with Spencer finishing 1-1 and Bondurant-Farrar 2-0, and Spencer still has an edge of .0227.

OWP and OOWP could still change my numbers, though.

Reactions: hufbnch5
Won-loss do not matter ? If Independence drops last two which they could could they still make it? Spencer has a good Heelan team left can they make it with three losses if they drop that game?

If you don’t win the district (or manage to be a tie of 3 or more teams), your playoff chances are based purely on your RPI. Yes, a Spencer team that goes 6-3 has an excellent chance to be one of the teams in the field because their RPI is so high. Independence has no chance if they go 6-3, because their RPI isn’t as strong. Bondurant-Farrar probably won’t get in even if they finish 7-2 (they look like the only team who will be screwed by a low RPI compared to their record - everybody else at 7-2 or better should get in).

Reactions: hufbnch5
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT