ADVERTISEMENT

The End Zone - September 7th Edition

LukeFeddersen

Jun 14, 2001
Please remember and abide by the rules of The End Zone. The End Zone is for Iowa prep fans only. Whatever is said in The End Zone, must stay in The End Zone.

This week's recruiting updates: Arthur Braden, Alphonso Soko, Mekhi Bianchini, Garrett Northway, Kyle Schepanski, Blaine Gretter, Jalen Rima, Kolby Molinsky, and Trystan Cummins.

..........................................................................................................................................
Ankeny forward Trystan Cummins

Recruiting
"I would say the top two colleges interested in me are Morningside and Briar Cliff. It is also basically every Division III school around here and then there is some Division II interest."

Schools recruiting the hardest
"Morningside and Briar Cliff."

Division III schools recruiting the hardest
"Simpson is recruiting pretty hard and so is Buena Vista."

Visits
"I will be making a visit to Morningside and Briar Cliff."

Other visits
"I might try to get to Buena Vista and some of the Division II schools that are interested."

A favorite
"As of now, I'd say Morningside."

..........................................................................................................................................
Carroll guard Kolby Molinsky

Keys to a victory
"We got to control the line of scrimmage up front and slow down their running game."

Recruiting
"I have gotten a few letters from UNI. I heard Drake was going to come watch us a couple of times this summer. I also went to Wayne State for their camp."

Calls
"No calls but Drake called my dad twice."

Recruiting the hardest
"That is tough to say at this point."

Pleasant Valley athlete Arthur Braden

Recruiting
"It has just been Grand View. They have had an interest in me."

A favorite college growing up
"Just Tennessee. I am a big Tennessee fan."

Bishop Heelan quarterback Mekhi Bianchini

Recruiting
"There has been nothing like that yet. I am just focusing on the game right now and haven't really gotten into all of that."

"I like watching Oregon play mostly because of their style but as far as a favorite college, I don't really have one."

Southeast Polk guard Garrett Northway

A favorite sport
"I've always loved basketball. It has flowed so much better than football and I love the game of basketball so much more."

Recruiting
" I have gotten a few good luck texts for football but have not had much. Simpson has sent a few letters and maybe there has been one from the University of Chicago."

Football recruiting
"I think it was Luther College and then Coach Kelly from the Mustangs."

Visits
"I haven't. Right now I have no idea what I'm doing. I am leaning towards Iowa State because my siblings went there. If I get interest, I will look at all of them for sure. As of now, I am wide open."

Muscatine running back Alphonso Soko

Recruiting
"Not really. I just haven't gotten any letters."

"I like the Oregon Ducks. I like Oregon and Iowa. Those are my favorite colleges."

Cedar Rapids Prairie athlete Jalen Rima

Recruiting
"I am kind of waiting to see how I do this year. I know I have a couple of schools letting me know that I am on their radar. I'll wait until after the season to choose."

Calls from coaches on the radar
"Our coach called Clemson about me and they said I was on their radar just in case I do really good this season. Western Michigan has also been talking to me too."

Offers
"Western Illinois, UNI, and North Dakota State."

In-state visits
"I just went to Iowa State for a visit but haven't talked to Iowa since August."

The Iowa State visit
"It was good. I have been there a lot but it is good to go back and see the new additions."

Anamosa guard Kyle Schepanski

A favorite sport
"Basketball is most definitely my favorite sport. I am hoping to play somewhere in college if I get looked at. Hopefully I can have a good year."

Recruiting
"As far as basketball, there hasn’t been much outside of people watching my game from AAU tournaments. I had some coaches in Chicago from Wartburg and Coe watching our games. Those are two schools that I'd at if I could."

Sigourney guard Blaine Gretter

If he wants to play college basketball
"I don’t think so but I am keeping my options open."

Recruiting
"Luther has been contacting me and there is a coach from a school in Ohio. There are a couple here and there. They send me a little envelope with something like that."

Other schools
"No, not really."

Recruiting the hardest
"I think Luther. Their coaches are talking to my coach quite a bit."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News