ADVERTISEMENT

The End Zone - September 26th

LukeFeddersen

Jun 14, 2001
Please remember and abide by the rules of The End Zone. The End Zone is for Iowa prep fans only. Whatever is said in The End Zone, must stay in The End Zone.

This week's recruiting updates: Trey Plunkett, Kyle Snyder, Bo McMahon, Luke Gillett, Nolan Anselme, Brett Staton, Jared Brinkman, Brock Wageman, and Erik Sorensen.

..........................................................................................................................................
Kuemper Catholic athlete Kyle Snyder
Do you want to play football in college?
"I'm only a sophomore but I think it would be fun to play. I have worked hard for that goal and will continue during the off-season."

Have you had any college interest?
"Nope. I am just really starting and hoping to continue to do well for the team."

Did you have a favorite college growing up?
"I've grown up growing up going to all of the Iowa State home games. I love watching them play. Both my brother and sister go there. I love the academics and the atmosphere."

..........................................................................................................................................
Columbus Catholic defensive tackle Trey Plunkett
Do you want to play college football?
“Yes, I am hopefully.”

What schools have shown interest?
“My sophomore year I had a visit to Iowa State to watch a football game. Last week a coach from Canton, Missouri said he’d be watching game film so that is it so far.”

Is there any in-state attention?
“Nope, not really.”

Are you leaning towards playing in college?
“I’m leaning towards playing if I get an offer.”

“Miami has always been my favorite.”

Denver running back Bo McMahon
"Yes, I am interested in playing."

Have you had any recruiting attention?
"No, I haven't gotten anything yet."

"I really like UNI and Iowa."

Cedar Falls quarterback Luke Gillett
"Yeah, I've always wanted to play football somewhere. It could be Division I, II, or III. It doesn't matter as long as I can play football."

What colleges have you heard from?
"Dordt College is one. There is William Penn and a couple of others."

Have you made any visits?
"I went to UNI with a buddy of mine. That is the only school I've visited so far."

"Definitely UNI. I have always had season tickets right next to the opposing fans. I'm always going to the game."

Ankeny lineman Nolan Anselme
What colleges are recruiting you?
“It has been a lot of Division IIIs and some Division IIs. It has been Upper Iowa, Grand View, and places like that who have shown interest. William Penn is another place.”

What have some of the Division III schools been?
“Simpson, Central, Loras, and a lot of schools like that.”

What school is recruiting you the hardest?
“I’d definitely say Upper Iowa has been in contact with me the most. I know they have talked to me about getting down for a game day visit.”

What schools are you going to visit?
“The plan is going to Upper Iowa in four weeks I believe.”

Roland-Story quarterback Brett Staton
What schools are recruiting you?
“I’ve been looking at Central a lot, Simpson, Wartburg, and some more Division II and III schools. I talked to Drake for a little while.”

What school is recruiting you the hardest?
“Probably Central. I was just there for a game.”

What other visits have you done?
“I went to the Iowa State game with some friends. I don't have any other visit dates set.”

Iowa City Regina defensive tackle Jared Brinkman
How was your trip to Iowa?
“They have great facilities. (The game) was a little eye opening I’d say. It was a great game.”

Where does Iowa sit with your commitment to Northern Iowa?
“At this point, I’d just say it is getting a little late. I think it is all Panthers.”

Has Iowa still been recruiting you?
“Yeah, I still get letters from Coach Morgan every once in a while. It is just a little too late for me.”

If they offered, would you still consider them?
“I think it depends on when the offer is. I am not the type of kid that would change my decision at the last minute.”

How do you feel about UNI’s season?
“They started off great but the last two weeks they have lost games late. They lost the last game in the last 40 seconds and they could have won that one. They just got to get back to playing UNI football.”

How did your brother, Jake Brinkman (current player at North Dakota State) react to their win over Iowa?
“They were all excited about it. They knew they could do it. They were the most physical team there and showed it. Now I think he has some bragging rights for some of his friends that go to Iowa.”

Ankeny Centennial offensive lineman Brock Wageman
What colleges are recruiting you?
“It has definitely mostly been Grand View. I received a scholarship offer from them.”

What other schools are interested?
“Wayne State, Wartburg, Upper Iowa, Augustana, Gustavus, and William Penn.”

Have you made any visits?
“I did see Grand View. I love Grand View. I went to Iowa State and UNI.”

Do you have a favorite?
“Definitely Grand View. It is close and they have a great football program.”

When do you want to decide?
“Probably this spring.”

Waukee offensive lineman Erik Sorensen
What schools have been recruiting you?
"It has been some Division II colleges like Augustana, Winona, Minnesota State, Concordia, and Northwest Missouri State."

What visits are you planning to make?
"I plan on getting to Northwest Missouri State, Minnesota State, Augustana, Winona State, Concordia, UNI, and USD."

What schools are recruiting you the hardest?
"I would say Augustana, Winona, and Concordia are."

Do you have a favorite school?
"I don't yet."

What schools have offered you?
"I have two offers right now from Winona and Concordia."

Do you feel any others are close to offering?
"I feel like Augustana is pretty close to offering."

When do you want to make a final decision?
"Sometime around Christmas."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News